The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Offering different types of magic shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Hola,

I was just reading a post by p.b.jones about offering three different types of magic shows. A deluxe show, a regular show and a "you're too poor to see me at my best" show.

I must admit, this sounds like a great idea but I was wondering if anybody here has tried it or is currently doing it? What are the major differences between each show? Which shows to people most often go for? Would you say it's worth the effort? What size pants do you wear?

Warm regards,
Adam V (Mrs.)
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Generally, different shows add to the basic show. Some add a live animal, balloons, an illusion, etc.

Many times, they will go for the deluxe, nothing is too good for their precious one. This is an age-old marketing method, that works.

At the Kidabra Conference, several lectures talked about this and yes, it does work. Do a rabbit Production, add $25, Do Balloons Add $25. When you buy a call do they charge you for all the extras?, When you order a pizza, do they charge you for the extras? When you order an ice cream cone, do they charge you for the nuts, and jimmies? Society is conditioned for the extras and accept them.

Add a simple extra and see if it works for you and you will have your answer.
Dennis Michael
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Den, that's the fastest response I've ever seen. Hopefully those Silly Billy books will arrive tomorrow and I'll let you know whether or not you're my new best friend or if I have to come round to your house and rough you up for $80.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Liking any books really hinges on one's personality. If you get one thing out of a book that you can add to your show and enhance it, it is worth the price of the book.

Since, I personally believe every magician can benefit in what is in Silly Billy's booklets, I know you will enjoy them.

By the way, I too, just spent $80 and puchased "Magic for Dummies", "The Complete Idiot's Guide to MAgic Tricks", "Trick with your Head" by Mac King, "Book of Bar Amusements" and a Horror/Gory MAgician's Halloween DVD.

Why???...Because they were recommended here several times and after skimming the pages, and reading excerpts out of them, I know I will enjoy them. I learn best from books, videos, DVDs, and lectures from the pros.
Dennis Michael
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
"Many times, they will go for the deluxe, nothing is too good for their precious one. This is an age-old marketing method, that works."

Hi,
Yes it does work and even if they don't go for the top show they will rearley go for the cheapest.
I do not use the Extra's Aproach that Den speaks of I prefer to quote the prices of the three shows rather than saying if you want xxxx it's an extra xxxx. this I think is down to personal preference I give all my prices inclusive. (travelling ext)
Phillip
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

The three price ranges is fine. The "extra approach" is a way to explain the three or more options a client may chose from. There are a variety of different approaches, each have their own merits.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Offering different types of magic shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL