The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Making a living from magic - and mentalism. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
kbiehler
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of kbiehler
Greg, Do some people really pay $1,500 for a party or are you just giving an example?? Kent
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I'm giving examples, but people do pay that kind of money. Last month I did a private party that had my usual set I do in the Hat & Hare and that group paid $750 for a half hour of stuff I normally do... without any psychic readings.
It's up to you to see your fee and come up with how you want to structure it. One of the other members in the Café, Lincoln, is also into mentalism and readings so we are trying to combine our efforts to see what kind of market we have for a duo at one party.
Here's another way of looking at it: You tell the client that it's a $1000 for the party for a maximum of 30 people and that they will get readings... that's about $33 a head. You can tell the host that they can have more peoplle, but it will be an extra $50 for anyone over the 30 limit... but leave yourself some room to play around with the fee.
Or go lower and say it's $500 for the party with a 30 person maximum and now each person is paying under twenty bucks to get a reading and have some fun.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Greg: that seems like a lot of work 30 readings even for five min short ones. Are they happy with short readings? And what do they do until its their turn and afterwards? Its not that I don't believe you I just find it difficult to understand how this works?

Shrink
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I must say, I would have difficulty fitting in 30 readings - but I don't do it any more. Remember, it's just a "jumping off" point. A way of ensuring an income while you're building up towards corporate business which your agents find and arrange for you.

Drew
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Good day,

where can I find this book other than at the Ian Rowland site?

Aubrey de Wet
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Aubrey, here's your answer: http://moneyfrommagic.wordpress.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
A little observation I made while reading the book:

The free gigs are an excellent opportunity to get CURRENT photos and video of yourself with REAL AUDIENCES toward building your website and related promotional materials (not to mention videos for YouTube).
Even before obtaining the E-book (a must-read), I was doing this; photos of my wife reading tarot at a local bookstore, and my Worldwide Escape Artists Relay stunt at a local, indoor flea market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve0KtUaj5ro&feature=related
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Great point - and great video!

Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Making a living from magic - and mentalism. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL