The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coinroll vanishes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blaqmagik
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Blaqmagik
Anyone have a routine and vanish using a coinroll?

Thanks
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
There is a really nice one on Jay Sankey's "Revolutionary Coin Magic" video. The whole routine uses the coin roll.
Click to visit:
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
In a recent Genii, the one with the Sphinx covers all over it, had a little shot of a page on the 'Coin Roll Vanish'(I think that was the name). All you do is roll the coin to the base of the pinky, pretend to put it in your other hand, but keep it pinched between the 3rd and 4th finger. Move the coin'd hand down and the coin out of site.
I just got that from the pictures, so it might be completly off. Give it a shot.
-Casey
Marc01
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Marc01
In the Curtis Kam's first Video ,you will find nice applications for the coin roll as a spellbound move ,or as a shuttle pass.Not easy but very convincing.

Regards
Marc
ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
Blaqmagik, are you referring to the coin roll flourish, or to vanishing a roll of coins?
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
I like combining the palm to palm and a coin roll as part of a longer copper silver.

Instead of a vanish you get either a color change or a transposition.

It can be done with both hands if you start
with the coins in opposite positions.

Harris Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
TylerErickson
View Profile
New user
St. Paul, Minnesota
50 Posts

Profile of TylerErickson
Quote:
On 2002-10-17 16:59, Dan Watkins wrote:
There is a really nice one on Jay Sankey's "Revolutionary Coin Magic" video. The whole routine uses the coin roll.

I am unsure about this.

Sankey has a routine using the Himber Vanish (as a clink pass/false count) and another routine that uses a coin roll to set-up for a HPC move.

Am I forgetting one?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Its the coin roll to HPC one. Coin roll, HPC, Coin roll, HPC, Coin Roll, HPC, etc. Every coin going across is coin rolled
Click to visit:
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27017 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Yes, I have been playing with using the flourish as a method to vanish a coin for some time.

Think of it as bringing both hands up so the audience gets an 'underneath' view.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I do something I call the 'behind the scenes' vanish that makes use of a partial coin roll. The coin roll was actually meant for a vanish of a coin behind the hand. And if you are doing it correctly, you should be able to hold your hand palm up and roll the coin without it ever falling to the floor.

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coinroll vanishes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL