The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Istempnodream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I'm trying to find a Ted Annemann effect which uses "istempnodream" or something very similar as a progressive or branching anagram.

I have the BIG book "The Life and Times of a Legend... ANNEMANN" but with over 600 pages, just can't seem to locate it. I'm told it might be in "Practical Mental Effects" but I don't have that.

Anybody recall anything about this? Or any other Annemann routines with progressive anagrams?

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
217 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
Hi Dennis,
There is one effect in PME that deals with progressive anagrams. It's called "Krazy Kode", by Bert Adams(I think that's the correct name). The text the spectator reads is the text of a telegram. Dan Harlan came up with wonderful improvements for it.

federico
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks federico,
Anybody know where I can find Dan Harlan's "improvements?"

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Dennis,

I think that Federico may be referring to Dan Harlan's '37 Across'. This is included on one of Dan's "Pack Small, Play Big" DVDs.
"One arrow. One life."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6445 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Dan now sells it separately as something called My Word and comes with the already made crossword puzzle. He also has some interesting touches in there and an extra effect with the same book.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks for the help, John and Greg. I have Practical Mental Effects on the way, and will also pick up the Harlan items you mentioned.
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Dennis -

"I'm trying to find a Ted Annemann effect which uses "istempnodream" or something very similar as a progressive or branching anagram."

I know the exact effect you are referring to. I used the paragraph given in the Annemann text and decomposed it into a set of cards, one word per card. Any card can be freely chosen - the cards can even be mixed and handled only by the spectator on the other side of the room (no need to only cut the stack and glimpse the bottom card, if you get my meaning). You can now call out the letters of the word they chose. Very nice.

I'm not at home now so can't point you to a page number, but will try to look when I get home (I will be a single dad tonite with a 2-year old, but I will try).

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Greg,
I got my copy of PMM today and found the reference. It was called Krazy Kode as Federico suggests. I like your idea of putting it on cards. Annemann's Telegram makes no sense at all.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Feel free to use it or any variant you wish. Its a lot of fun to do - virtually self-working.

Would also make a nice marketed effect Smile

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Istempnodream (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL