The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Vanishing sugar into a TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I've been working on a routine that's basically a combination of 2. Two sugar packets on the table are chosen by the spectator and a dollar is borrowed. The dollar is signed and used to vanish sugar from the first sugar packet by use of a thumb tip, this is the routine off of one of the Michael Ammar videos. After that trick the bill is vanished and then pulled out of the second sugar packet that was chosen.

The trick itself is nice, but I'm having trouble vanishing the sugar. I've had far more success vanishing salt into the thumb tip because the salt won't stick to the thumb tip, dollar, or my fingers very easily. The sugar however is the exact opposite, even if I get a fair amount of sugar int othe TT when I try to dump it out when I reproduce it it gets stuck at the tip of the TT either from the heat inside the TT or simply sweat from my fingers. The sugar isn't a very realiable thing to vanish, does anyone know of either any alternatives or any way to avoid this problem?
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Have you tried it with "alternative sugars"? Such as Equal, Splenda or Sweet-N-Low? Because their make up is different maybe they would behave?
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Check out david williamsons version on dave 2 dvd
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Also Richard Osterlind has a great version of torn and restored sweet-n-low on his Mind Mysteries volume 3.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Yeah, sugar vanishes are icky. Personally I wouldn't even attempt it. Sugar condenses into a liquid form, hence it will get sticky. And I don't know about you, but I don't want a sticky thumb. I've always just vanished a silk. Nice and dry...

Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
Spanky
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
81 Posts

Profile of Spanky
Couldn't you just stick to packet salt??
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
There are no salt packets in the restaurant that I work in and I'm already doing a vanishing silk routine for kids. I love Williamon's routine but there's really no garantee that there will be an empty tea cup and plate that no one is using on the table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Vanishing sugar into a TT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL