The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Raven and micro5 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
After so long I finally want to buy a trick..well I have been thinking about the raven and the micro 5..is this a good buy?any advice
one eyed man is the king in the blind land
rumburak
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of rumburak
I would recommend you to concentrate on the effect and audience reaction you want to achieve first. What do you want to do and why?

After you have come up with ideas what to present you should look into methods to achieve this result. It may be a combination of different methods and/or gimmicks or a single thing.

So what is it that you want to achieve? If you have decided on this issue people could make specific recommendations of whether to buy a raven/bat/m5 or whatever. Besides, if you already have a crisp idea of the precise effect in mind you may get away with buying the "secret" of these devices directly from a non-magician source.
denzildon
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of denzildon
I think there was a thread about micro 5 a month ago. You may want to look for it. Rumburak is correct, get the one that has a great effect for you. I got a raven and bat. I'm pretty happy with them.
Imagination is more important than knowledge!!! -- Albert Einstein
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1962 Posts

Profile of tbaer
M5 is stronger than the raven. Having said that, that doesn't really mean anything unless you know what effects you want to do.
jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
Thanks for the advice..well of course I'm looking for vanishing effects like the raven but I heard it has limitations..like you cant borrow a coin..its difficult to set up or takes a long time..well if both micro 5 and raven are almost the same method I might as well buy the stronger micro 5 and perform vanishing with that..besides I can also venture to pk wich I havent tried..well..this things kind of confused me of getting wich.someone please also give me an info about where I can find a demo vid for micro 5.i cant find it in penguin..thanks again!
denzildon
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of denzildon
For the Raven it is indeed a little difficult to set-up. The set-up times can be shorten by placing it in a better position.(Tip is a safety pin to stop it). I searched for the other thread regarding this...it is said the strength of the magnets is raven-bat-micro. The bat for me is already pretty strong. You can use it on a thick table and it still works.
Imagination is more important than knowledge!!! -- Albert Einstein
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2454 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I have or did own both. The micro 5 is great for table work. On your wrist it is a dead give away. For in the hands the raven is better.
Professorxavier
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Professorxavier
Have any of you M5 users found that your M5's power has diminished, or lost some of its strength? Im not sure if its just that I havent used it for a while and it actually has lost some power, or if I just remember it being stronger.

Thanks
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
It could lose some of its properties if dropped.

The M5 is best purchased outside of a kit. Why pay $80? I spent 30 for the neodymium-boron magnet, same size.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Did you go through ur books well enough and practied ur sleights well enough before deciding to just buy a gimmick?

I did the mistake of buying gimmicks before mastering my sleights... try to hold urself back from buying gimmicks (i know it's tempting!)

anyways, I own the M5. and I simply love it!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
The M5 can be used for so much more than the raven can. Many more effects, only limited to your imagination.
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
Thanks for the advice..it has been months that I wanted to buy micro 5 or raven but I havent coz I'm still a little confused..but thanks for your help I am more clearer now! thanks..
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Ellusionist has a demo for the M5 which looks cool. I own the Bat, and let me tell you, its not very strong at all, but I do like the idea and the way you use it. I have yet to find it strong enough to work at a table in a restarant. The only table that works is on my folding card table that I use in my shows (at least it works when it counts). I so wished it would be stronger, and that leads me in the possibility of puchasing the M5. -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Raven and micro5 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL