The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Black Envelope, is the advertise right? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Hi,
For anyone who has the Black Envelope DVD, I wonder if the advertisement on this effect is right?

The advertisement said there is NO PALMING involved, but after I watched the demo (called Perfect Stop) on Magic Smith, I suspect that Bob did the "Gambler's Cop" or palming in his left hand a moment before he reached the envelope with his right hand.

Is the "Gambler's Cop" in the "Palming Category"?
If No,I think the advertisement is right, but if yes, it means....

Just my thougts,
Hengky
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Yes the Gamblers Cop is a palm.

The advertisement you saw might be referring to one of the included routines; a "no palm card to envelope", which does indeed, not use a palm.
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Hengky,

I think you're mis-reading Bob's advertisement. There are several routines on the DVD. The one you saw (Perfect Stop) is not the one referred to in his ad copy as "no palm".

So which trick is it? Here's a hint. It's the one entitled "no palm card to envelope".
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
Michelsibbernson and Craig are absolutely correct. There is absolute truth in the description of a "no-palm" method. But realize that it does require a "move" of sorts (very simple!! and requires only a modicum of effort) that one does in plain sight.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Well,

I just want to say, that if all the trick on "Black Envelope" looks like "Perfect Stop" demo movie on magic smith, for me, it could not fool the magician.
It is very obivious that he did something and NOT the spectator itself who remove the card from the envelope.

Just my thougths,
Hengky Smile
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
Hengky, for all the routines in the DVD, you need to do that special move. If you're misled with the notion that its a "No Steal Signed Card to Envelope", then its not possible my friend.
There are two moves you need to master, or at least crucial for the effect. For both, you need some misdirection, timing, and watch your angle. (Hey, which trick isn't? Even a simple pinky break u need to watch for some eagle-eyed spectator right?)

Other than that, Bob is quite great an instructor. Kudos!

Hope than helps Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Black Envelope, is the advertise right? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL