The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorizing technique » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

C.Jakobsson
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
118 Posts

Profile of C.Jakobsson
Hi!
Im seraching for a technique to memorize words that I have not known before. Ie, look through a dictoinary and with as little effort as possible be able to memorize the words and their meaning. Is there a good technique for this? If so, where can I find it?

/Chirstian
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Easy.....best way POSSIBLE is Harry Loraynes memory system,
just look it up online harry lorayne memory and you'll find it,
An older one which is a whole big book is Lorayne and Jerry Lucas (NBA) The Memory Book which is also good but it doesn't just focus on the dictionary words memorization that your looking for but it covers it as well as a ton of other info.
Lorayne has a bunch of books out there on the topic but look for whatever book has the LINK topic.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
C.Jakobsson
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
118 Posts

Profile of C.Jakobsson
How big quantity of words can I memorize? I want to be able to take as many as possible...

Thanks
Christian

I serached amazon for Harry Lorayne and found like 100 books. Which one do you guys recommend?

Sorry, read your post again and saw that you alread mentioned some...
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
You can find the full text of How To Develop A Super-Power Memory online, and it is a good one.

Also, there are many places on the web that will teach you memory techniqes at no charge.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Are you doing this as a stunt, or just to increase your vocabulary?

If to increase your vocabulary, just read the word, visualize the whole word as a picture unit (helps with the spelling) and then review the meaning in your 'back brain'...then use the word in a sentence a few times...get a friend prepped so you can use new vocabulary on them every day. Make it a creative game.

repeat the above with each new word.

I tend to think that using stunts and memory tricks might be fine for lists of words, but to increase your vocabulary, just do it one by one. It is not difficult, at worst, it is tedious.

If you are learning all this for stage stunts, youj might try Amazon, and search for various books on the subject.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorizing technique » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL