The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Swami gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pedrothegreat
View Profile
New user
Southampton - UK
50 Posts

Profile of pedrothegreat
Hi

Just started in the world of mentalism and am quite keen on mastering the swami gimmick. Can anyone give me any recommendations as to the best one to get, Corinda lists a few and I have no idea which to use or where to get it from.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.
pedrothegreat

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public

don't have a magic website but i have a cool car styling website at www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Do a Café' search for 'swami'.
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
There is a lot on the Café search about swamis or n### w#####s as they are commonly known.Sorry misspelled should have been n*** w*****s.
From distant memory Corinda used the Dalal or C type mainly . If you want to save some time , I found Richard Osterlind No. 3 in the mind mysteries series gave a great demo and which pens to get . There is nothing like seeing a real pro use this underestimsted tool with a live audience , And you get Richard too.! Check the contents because I could be drunk.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2005-06-23 19:58, Roki wrote:
There is a lot on the Café search about swamis or n### w#####s as they are commonly known. Sorry, misspelled should have been n*** w*****s.
*snip*
Check the contents because I could be drunk.

lol !
Roki, I'm not entirely sure if you're serious on the first sentence or not.
On the second sentence, though, I'm quite sure ;-)

To put it oversimplistically, it boils down to 3 types: C types, boons, or TTs. There are also a few "proprietary" types too, I think, which might not quite fit into any of those categories, but those are the most common. For writing medium, you can also choose between pencil lead, grease marker, ballpoint pen, even a sharpie.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
pedrothegreat
View Profile
New user
Southampton - UK
50 Posts

Profile of pedrothegreat
Thanks for your advice. I did a search for this in the Café and found some interesting points.
I guess its just a case of buying a selection and seeing which one works best.
Anyone know the best place in the UK to get these?
pedrothegreat

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public

don't have a magic website but i have a cool car styling website at www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
nirve
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of nirve
If I may, I must say that I really like the Super Sharpie. It just makes so much sense to have out, and doubles as a perfectly normal Sharpie.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Nirve, I don't own the SS yet -- would it be considered a n*** w*****?
xxx
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2005-06-26 08:55, icy_rabbit wrote:
Nirve, I don't own the SS yet -- would it be considered a n*** w*****?

I have one also. (Actually, two, but I'm trading the extra one in for something new).
Anyway, effectively, yes. More along the lines of a boon type though, not a c type.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I'll admit, I only have very limited experience with this method/tool. I've only used the (C) Type nail writers and the boon type. I like the boon type better. Your thumb doesn't cramp from it being in a awkward position, and the more you use the boon writer the better it stays put. Just my humble opinion, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
If I may interject here for a moment....

It really doesn't matter what type of swami you use as long as you practice with it. Whatever one you chose you will become comfortable with. As long as you practice with it.
Richard Osterlind uses and loves the under the nail type. One reason is because he has used it for so long. I use the under the nail one not because Richard does but because I had that one first and found it to be the most comfortable as well as the easiest to hide and put on.
So take the advice of all the posts here with a grain of salt, absorb them then filter them for yourself.

I also have a Super Sharpie and really don't like it that much. But that is probably because I haven't used it enough yet.. See what I mean???

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Swami gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL