The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Visible flame in daylight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

booker
View Profile
New user
earth
30 Posts

Profile of booker
I have an outdoor daytime show in july and would like to close using my rabbit pan. In my club act I use Bacardi 151 but this is gonna be an all ages show and besides an alcohol flame wont be visible onstage anyway. Anybody got a good idea on what fuel will produce a visible flame in daylight? Gasoline is a bad idea aint it?

Booker
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I'd say your best bet would be flash paper. Gasoline would work, but you might get Rarebit. And don't forget the wind!
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
mxmln
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of mxmln
Gasolline is an "ABSOLUTELY STUPID" idea!!!!!!

ENOUGH SAID!!!!
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I use a full piece of flash paper, or, if your pan is really big, use a couple sheets. I crumble up the paper a little bit so it doesn't lay right at the bottom of the pan.
-Tyler
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
It is the imperfections in fuel that provide the color.

Alcohol is clear and with few imperfections so it burns clear.

Gasoline is somewhat colored and burns with a more visible flam,. Diesel fuel, and even kerosene, being less refined than gasoline has color to it, and will burn more visibly. But with the imperfections comes smell and increases the potential for smoke which is caused by partially burned fuel.

Fire in the daylight is just not that visible, even if using an impure fuel.

don't ever put something with fumes (Gasoline, or the like...) into a sealed container. A dove pan is sealed enough to hold the fumes in place, and fumes are far more combustible than liquids. But when fumes are set off in a relatively continued area, you will get an explosion instead of a fire.

A quick flash with flash paper is probably your best bet. Or try something else like Mylar spring flowers, etc that will give a volume surprise without the risk, or the possibility of a wimpy unseen "flash".

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Visible flame in daylight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL