The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best drawing duplication effect (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2012, Mr. Ree wrote:
Markhitton

I used “Design in Mind” for about 3 years.
I do one of several of my own versions now.

I have not seen this for sale for a few years now.
(I bought this somewhere between 2006-2007.)

I did this all larger scale for parlor or stage.

Pros:
Simple method, easy to do. Allows focus on presentation.
No slights, peeks, or other funny stuff.
Very low cost.

Cons:
Drawing is limited to small number of pre-drawn designs
(You could expand this by doing your own designs.)

Method can go wrong, rarely, but possible.

thanks a lot
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3725 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have always preferred the simplest methods to get something done. So...when I am doing my set up for the show, the client is usually there. I’ll pass her/him my ParaP*d and ask them to draw something that is important to them, to rip the paper out and absolutely NOT show it to anyone. This ensures that he/she will telll many people what I had them do.

During the show I will invite them onstage — which allows me to have them applauded by the audience as the person who ‘put this evening together for you all’ — have them recap what I asked them to do, and then, within my specific routine, do the reveal.

It’s a clean way to do a splendid effect without any of the fiddley wallet or billet business AND treat my client like a star at the same time.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
At show I use electronic board. If it is personal I will make the simplest billet pe#k. Acidus for me..
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2046 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2012, Chaz93 wrote:
If I've said anything that is better suited in inner thoughts, I invite a mod to please move it to where it should be.

BAM! Smile

Quote:
On 2012-04-05 04:06, parmenion wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 21:24, Chaz93 wrote:
Pre-Show it. Have them draw an image on a card. Load it into your wallet. Then, thinking about it, ask "Actually, are you going to be around for the show? Good, why don't you hold on to this then. I don't want you to think I'm taking it backstage to look at it".

Then on stage, call em up. Have them think of the image again, and this time draw it on a much bigger pad. You duplicate it, and bam! A miracle.

Bam a miracle !
Thanks to posting this on a open forum.
bam bam!

A nice addition to this is after you give them the card back, as if having a second thought, say, "In fact, later tonight, do you think you can remember exactly how you drew this?" (Yes) "Great. Then at some point before the show, tear it up and throw it out somewhere, because I don't want anything written down, ok?." (Ok). And don't tell ANYONE- especially me- what this image is."

Now, using the confirmation principle on stage with them, you can ask, "Earlier tonight, I asked you to simply think of an image you could draw, correct?" (Yes). "And I told you not to tell a single person what you were thinking of, correct?" (Yes). And more importantly, I also said I didn't want anything written down, right? (Yes). So as of now, this image exists only in your mind, correct?" (Yes).

You've now left the audience with the impression that this is an image that has never been drawn or mentioned, and exists merely in their mind (which no one could possibly know.)
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6088 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Since we've talked about pre-show. Here is something I put in Lost In Thought... and although I talk about a name, I've used it as a drawing dupe many times.:

PRESHOW SUBTLETY
For those that have read some of my stuff on several forums, well, you know I really don’t like pre-show effects... unless I can state to the audience exactly what happened when I met the person before the show and that person can agree to everything I say.

Here is how I get around that... I’m sure there’s nothing new under the sun here, but for the sake of completeness I’d like to mention how I do it.

First, I meet with the person to ask for some help on an experiment I will try later. I have a few manila envelopes of different sizes and a few blank cards and a marker. I ask the person to think of a famous person in history and write it on the card as I turn around so that I can’t see.

When they are done I ask them to make sure the card is facedown. I turn around and slip the card into the envelope and start to hand it to them. Suddenly I realize that I didn’t have them sign the card. I pull the card out and hand it to them again and the marker. I tell them to sign it on the back.

When I hear that they have signed it, I hand them the envelope, without turning around, and ask them to seal the card inside and keep it until the show. And I leave.

At the time of the show I can now say the following, “I had you think of any person in history... no limit... and you did. You then wrote that person’s name down and sealed it yourself in an envelope and you kept everything with you. I was nowhere near you when you did this.” And they agree to everything. And they actually keep everything. I’ve actually seen people inspecting the card and envelope for some clue as to how it was possible to get that information. You have to be aware that there are people who will check out everything.

Can you guess when I got it? It was during the supposed goof up of not having him sign. I actually have several envelopes and the one I first put his card in has no back. As I start to hand him the envelope I see very easily what he has drawn or written. I feign the mistake and take out the card and hand it to him.

As he signs the card I move very far away then hand them the envelope without turning... the real envelope with a back. They seal it and now remember I was never near them and that it was all locked up inside.
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2019, Greg Arce wrote:
Since we've talked about pre-show. Here is something I put in Lost In Thought... and although I talk about a name, I've used it as a drawing dupe many times.:

PRESHOW SUBTLETY
For those that have read some of my stuff on several forums, well, you know I really don’t like pre-show effects... unless I can state to the audience exactly what happened when I met the person before the show and that person can agree to everything I say.

Here is how I get around that... I’m sure there’s nothing new under the sun here, but for the sake of completeness I’d like to mention how I do it.

First, I meet with the person to ask for some help on an experiment I will try later. I have a few manila envelopes of different sizes and a few blank cards and a marker. I ask the person to think of a famous person in history and write it on the card as I turn around so that I can’t see.

When they are done I ask them to make sure the card is facedown. I turn around and slip the card into the envelope and start to hand it to them. Suddenly I realize that I didn’t have them sign the card. I pull the card out and hand it to them again and the marker. I tell them to sign it on the back.

When I hear that they have signed it, I hand them the envelope, without turning around, and ask them to seal the card inside and keep it until the show. And I leave.

At the time of the show I can now say the following, “I had you think of any person in history... no limit... and you did. You then wrote that person’s name down and sealed it yourself in an envelope and you kept everything with you. I was nowhere near you when you did this.” And they agree to everything. And they actually keep everything. I’ve actually seen people inspecting the card and envelope for some clue as to how it was possible to get that information. You have to be aware that there are people who will check out everything.

Can you guess when I got it? It was during the supposed goof up of not having him sign. I actually have several envelopes and the one I first put his card in has no back. As I start to hand him the envelope I see very easily what he has drawn or written. I feign the mistake and take out the card and hand it to him.

As he signs the card I move very far away then hand them the envelope without turning... the real envelope with a back. They seal it and now remember I was never near them and that it was all locked up inside.

Genius!
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
I like the one from Looch's SAD using the SAW. So so sad that I lost my SAW, wish I could get another one without forking 110 quid.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best drawing duplication effect (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL