The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Equivoque (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have read Maven's Verbal Control and think his ideas are fantastic. I'm also interested in Docc Hilford's E'Voque... But $22? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but is there something totally revolutionary in his approach that makes it worth the money?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2005-07-25 21:55, cfrancis wrote:
I have read Maven's Verbal Control and think his ideas are fantastic. I'm also interested in Docc Hilford's E'Voque... But $22? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but is there something totally revolutionary in his approach that makes it worth the money?

I'm not familiar with E'Voque; is it a trick, book or video? Regardless, my experience has been that almost anything I've purchased for a magical purpose has been worth the money spent. Over the years, I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on magic "stuff." So far, literally, everything I've bought has added something of value to my experience, performance or knowledge.

I've bought books or videos for $45 - $50 or more, and even if there's one funny line, one subtelty (sp?), or just one trick, or idea or something that inspires an improvement in my act, it's worth it. Obviously that doesn't to just buy everything without thinking. However, if it's from Docc Hilford's, I can't imagine that you won't be able to recoup your $22 investment by the knowledge you've gained.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
After reading this post I bought Verbal Control. One of the best spent five bucks you will find. Very direct and informative. I have used equivoque for years and there are some nuances in this little text that are very valuable. The thoughts on where to focus on elimination and small wording changes are already helping my presentation. Thanks, Stuart
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Equivoque (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL