The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Simple structure for bill in cigarette... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
Even though I am not a smoker one of my favorite effects in magic is bill in cigarette. I know we all have many, many, seemingly impromptu (in the spectators mind that is) effects, but I have found this trick in general VERY hard to beat if played as impromptu and obviously with the cigarette and bill being borrowed. Being a non smoker is very nice as people do not expect me to have a cigarette at all, much less a prepared cigarette on me for the effect.

I use a corner tear method of course, but in my mind there is no denying that a signed bill to impossible location is more impressive than a corner tear method. I would love to hear other peoples views on the subject concerning the strength of the corner tear versus a signature in the spectator’s mind.

More to the point, I have performed the Paul Harris “Impromptu Night-Shades” trick with a borrowed bill and then went straight into Bill in Cig for years and it makes the bill seem as good as signed. They see you borrow a bill, draw sun-glasses on George’s eyes, magically move them to his forehead and then you tear a corner for them to keep. The bill vanishes, you borrow a cig and then BAM the bill is in the cigarette complete with the shades on the forehead. I swear people don’t even want to match up the serial numbers at that point, the first thing they scream is, “LOOK the shades are on his head!”

It’s also a nice feeling using this routine structure to borrow a bill and actually do a great piece of magic with it that the spectator will enjoy BEFORE you tear up their money right in their face.

Anyway, just a routining idea that I have kept to myself for years that I thought someone might enjoy playing with.

Clark

I'll take it most you guys sit in the non-smoking section... Smile
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Hands down, my favorite is the Paul Gertner version. I like this method alot. It is motivated, looks very clean, and like you said- it is mind boggling for spectators. Bills to cards or impossible locations are always fun, and can be the heavy hitters that leave a LASTING impression on the audience.

JRB
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
For this particular effect, I definatly like Osterlind's method using a TT.

sometime we forget how clean a hand really can look with a TT and in this case, the illusion of the bill traveling to a cig is very perfect, and of course signed.
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Gertner uses a TT as well. The switch and drop is SUPERB! It's very rare that I see an effect and start using it right away, but this was....PHEW!

JRB
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Simple structure for bill in cigarette... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL