The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guidant Defibrillators Defective (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I was just wondering if any one here knows anybody who has one of these recalled Guidant Defibrillators implanted in their chest? (It's been all over the news!)

My wife has one, and though I have yet to hear from her cardiologist, I am intensly probing what will be my next plan of action.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Sorry to hear that your wife must have one of these devices but it is great that we have the technology to have such a device available.
The first two things I would do is contact her Cardiologist and the company that makes the device.
Guidant probably makes more than one model and the problem may not be with the model but more to do with the batch that her device was manufactured with.
I am in the Ultrasound manufacturing business and all I can tell you is that all of our Ultrasound devices are tracked by batch numbers and by individual unit numbers and as rare as it is we too may have a problem with a certain batch and it is a very simple matter to notify all customers if there is a problem.
The fact that you have not been notified is a good sign. Your wife's device was probably not in that particular batch but just to play it safe and for peace of mind I would still contact both parties and let them know about your concerns.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks...I'm allready one step ahead of you!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guidant Defibrillators Defective (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL