The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » KING KONG redux (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Oh my lawd awmighty...I think I just split a spleen...the Teaser was beyond anything I've hoped for...hope ya all got the message...mmm mmm mmm

PJ does it again.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Hope it's a good movie. I am enjoying many of the "redux" movies. Hope this is an improvement on the '77 (?) version with Bridges and Lange.

We've come a long way since Willis O'Brien and Ray Harryhausen (which are still great, btw!).

Mark
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
I've been a big fan of Derek... uh... er... I mean Peter Jackson since Bad Taste.

I had some doubts about the new Kong, particularly the casting of Jack Black. I'm a big Tenacious D fan but Black can be way over the top sometimes. My fears were ungrounded. The KONG trailer shows Black refreshingly subdued.

It looks good, folks! Real good!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Was very gratified to see that the color is full saturation like the 3 strip technicolor of the 40's rather than that awful washed out look over used to day.

I too had trepidations about Jack Black and the 'Jim Carey' School of showing off...uh...acting....but I heard that Black did great and is in the right 'mode' for the period.

I also understand from one of the AD's on the set that the natives will blow us away in the 'Scary' department...got a little taste of that in the teaser.

As to Jackson's past...'Dead Alive' is my favorite hand's down. Hilarious stuff.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I agree with Doug's sentiments on the trailer.....I didn't expect to see dinosaurs in the piece...I loved it!~ The new kong looks more lean and mean! I cannot wait to see the results~!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Magic Nathan
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Magic Nathan
I agree. Seeing the dinosaur made me think they are going to make a version much like the original. Still the best of all the Kong Films. I remember being terrified by the film yet not being able to look away. The scene where Kong is shaking the log and men are falling into the gorge one by one was really creepy.

FYI...did you know that the original 1933 version is named as Hitlers favorite film. This makes is even more creepy!

Nathan
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Doug has good taste in films!!!!!... Peter Jackson is a great director and I know it will be a fine film . Dead Alive is also one of my favorite films.....
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Peter Jackson has delved into this as a die hard fan of the original and his aim was to bring it up to date technically (like gorgeous color!) but basically, leave it be in structure and motivation...what he did say he wanted though was MORE Dinosaurs! There are plenty of them in this version! Yeah Peter!!!! I hear the iconic battle between Kong and the T-Rex is jaw dropping (in more ways than one).

Just seeing the loving attention paid to the original in such scenes as the Apple Cart gave me chills. Totally stoked and will need blood pressure checks by the time December rolls around! All other movies will be filler till then. Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Loved the trailer, and the Dinosaurs look great. This is going to be a good remake, unlike the other King Kong movies. Lots of famous scenes have ben updated but I remember them when I first saw it I must of been 9 or 10 years old.
Dennis Michael
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I think Toho is working on a Godzilla IMax movie.......WOW!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-06-28 13:28, Magic Nathan wrote:
I agree. Seeing the dinosaur made me think they are going to make a version much like the original. Still the best of all the Kong Films. I remember being terrified by the film yet not being able to look away. The scene where Kong is shaking the log and men are falling into the gorge one by one was really creepy.

FYI...did you know that the original 1933 version is named as Hitlers favorite film. This makes is even more creepy!

Nathan

There was supposed to be a spider down there that ate the men, but the Hayes office made them cut it out! Wonder if it'll be here?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You will see the SPIDER from Hell...not to mention horrifying crawly 'Things' even the Spider runs from! Smile
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Ooooh, theres a King Kong video game in the works right now! Let's hope it will be availabe by the time the movie is released.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
It's been my impression that the game usually comes out a few weeks before the movie actually hits the theatres.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » KING KONG redux (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL