The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobos new modern coin magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
I have searched about this book, as id like to start using coins, What are the differences berween the modern coin magic and the new modern coin magic apart from the price?
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
New modern coin magic is hardbound and more expensive. It also has more chapters and information in it.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
It also tends to lie more flatly on the table when you're trying to work through the moves and routines contained within. This alone makes it worth the additional price. It's not that expensive, either.
tjo'
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Thanks for the info, I agree I'm sick of my copy of RRTCM closing up when I'm trying to decipher its description of the pass. that's sorted that then
pedrothegreat
View Profile
New user
Southampton - UK
50 Posts

Profile of pedrothegreat
I asked the same question not long ago and opted for the more expensive hardback version. It was WELL worth the money. although if you are new to coin magic (as I am) I suggest getting a DVD/Video aswell as it makes the initial learning of some of the moves that much easier and quicker. I have Michael Ammar - The complete introduction to Coin Magic. I highly recommend it.
pedrothegreat

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public

don't have a magic website but i have a cool car styling website at www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The hardcover book makes a more impressive closeup case for your coins and props later on. Especially if you keep the dust jacket in good shape.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I have both since I bought the paperback first...

The hardback is worth the extra money for sure.
Chris_
View Profile
New user
Illinois
25 Posts

Profile of Chris_
I have Bobo's soft cover Modern Coin Magic and have been working out of it for the last yesr or so. What additional information is included in the hard cover that I am missing out on?

Chris
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? - Mark 8:36

www.needgod.com
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Well all I can say is that magicbox came up trumps again and I now have new modern cois magic, its immense and I'm now going back to reading it, thanks for the input all
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I've been contemplating putting a copenetro into a book... and that would make a good book to use. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobos new modern coin magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL