The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill Switch - Where Should I Start? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi guys:

I have never learnt bill switch before and I am interested to venture into this area.

What effects would you recommend (please indicate the source of learning) for a complete beginner like me?

Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You can start by promising yourself that you will not fold up a bill unless you have a compelling reason that the audience can understand without being told.

You can start by looking at Lonnie's video to see a startling change done without cover.

There is something amazing in The Stars of Magic the folks from Fred Kaps to some notables today have found inspiring. There is another good place to start.

If you want a secret bill switch, you will need to discuss the context, as such things need to go by without any audience attention.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-06-28 11:55, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
.....The Stars of Magic the folks from Fred Kaps to some notables today have found inspiring.

Oh my good Jon, you really are *sharp*..

Actually I had forgotten Bert Allerton and his *Bamboozle*, but the second I did read your comments it came to me, even the 'title', but honestly I never connected it with the PP/FK money routine...my fault..

Actually tomorrow I already had planned to go to the bank to get a stack of brand new Kroner-bills to make up a new gim..

You wouldn't believe it..the one I have still in my backpocket firewallet contains bills that are long replaced by a new series/design...

Have to renew them now Smile ...as again it has prooven that this particular routine get's their attention..right after the fire has estinguished and right after the advice how to protect oneselves from pickpockets when out travelling..

1) Protect your wallet by *fire*
2) Don't carry cash, but papersnips and transform them to cash when needed..

That's my premise and it plays well in the primitive places/venues I perform.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I like the idea "Protect my money by fire" -- and as you know, the Kaps handling of Pat Page's easy money is still best.

As far as a bill switching routine, theh original question, do a search here and somewhere in the Secret Sessions is my Billion Dollar bill switch. No TT.

Please do not use a TT for a switch. Johnny Paul, the best I have seen never used a TT.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I haven't received Lonnie's DVD yet so I personally can't vouch for his routine but I have read posts from people who know that it is uber clean.
An alternative is the Infinity Switch, a new item with a very magical look. Again the advice given in this topic concerning folds and other things applies to Infinity also.
Please don't over look Paul Chosse's routine. I've used it for quite some time with excellent results. The folds are well covered in his patter. I believe it is part of the Ron Bauer series.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Has ANYONE considered the self folding bill as part of this process?

Ladies and gentleman, we have discovered a new species of moth. It looks just like a dollar bill in its Caterpillar stage, where it eats pennies. Then it folds itself into a paper cocoon, and when it emerges just days later, it looks like a five dollar bill.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
I personally like Jay Sankeys Fan Mail routine best for the presentation......(Front Row by Jay Sankey)
But the best place to learn it from is Roger Klause in concert
Jonathan, self folding bill with switch sounds very neat....I'll have to consider that!!!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-06-28 22:28, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Has ANYONE considered the self folding bill as part of this process?

Ladies and gentleman, we have discovered a new species of moth. It looks just like a dollar bill in its Caterpillar stage, where it eats pennies. Then it folds itself into a paper cocoon, and when it emerges just days later, it looks like a five dollar bill.
Jon, that premise you outlined gives new possibilities!
It right away occured to me, somebody would combine this in principle, with the John Cornelius thingy..you know, his coinvanish..

The way the selffolding bill works has already the set-up..

Hmmm..no time to try it out, but the idea is here..an ideal way to 'hide' the folded bill, of course in another way then John Cornelius Coin vanish, but still using the same tool..and of course also depending on the angle, the height of the hand..but note, they are palm up, so if backclips work for coinworkers why not an automaticall *hide* of the folded bill in a not quite similar postion, whilst the transformation is revealed!
Should be workable..and the hands are empty!!!!
The bill to ring in is easily 'hidden' as all concentration is on the folding bill, then it is unfolded showing another domination...
I think your idea is GOOD and could be combined with the John Cornelius thingy..the combination would throw them entirely off the track re a bill switch!!!

Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Jonathan,

Sitting back and watching your posts in a lot of topics has made me think more than I want to! You have some incredible ideas...where do you come up with this stuff?!?! Amazing....

JRB
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-06-29 02:26, Jonathan Brown wrote:
Jonathan,....where do you come up with this stuff?...

It's like the ideas and pictures and words make new pictures and phrases when I look at them. A sort of creative dyslexia where for a moment words and pictures become the way they appear in dreams, then stabilize into possible meaningful configurations I can sometimes record and explore.

Glad you enjoy reading it.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Here is a contribution/improvment to an alreday oustanding handling for the Fred Kaps version of Papers to Bills.
Read about this improved handling of the Fred Kaps version of Patrick Pages Easy Money in the Secret Session section..

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill Switch - Where Should I Start? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL