The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kolossal Killer questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
I just got my copy of KK Smile . I wonder if there is any videoclip showing a performance of this trick on the web.
Anybody? Smile
shobley
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
81 Posts

Profile of shobley
When I originally bought Kolossal Killer, I read the manuscript and dismissed it as hocum. Too many unanswered questions in the mind of the spectator I thought.

A year later I found the perfect wallet for the effect and tried it out.

The effect kills.

Plain and simple.

Every magician I've ever shown it to, wants it. Every lay person is in so much shock that they forget about examining the card or the wallet.

Here's a tip - don't perform it for a close friend, they are more likely to ask to touch things, and you will probably lose them as a friend when you won't tell them how it's done.

I've only ever explained this effect to one person, my wife - and she absolutely loves to see me perform it for others.

When magicians ask for an explanation, I point them to Kenton's site. Or if I'm feeling particularly sadistic I spin them some Derren Brown nonsense about NLP anchoring and submodalities.

But then that's just me...

Steve
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
Kraminator: You might be interested in viewing Kolossal Killer III on the A-1 MultiMedia video: Volume 2 Mental Masterpieces by Larry Becker. Not a video clip but a video and can be obtained on DVD, too. Also, the use of Post-It notes from Killer Konceptions works great. For what its worth.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I just started out with Kolassal Killer and decided that the mini bikes (404s) were the way to go. My first week was poker size.

Exactly half the bulk now, and they hide very well in credit card pockets. Very magical looking when you pull it out of the little pocket.

BTW, the 404 blues are light blue and take black very well.

The effect is what kills and the size of the card makes no difference. Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
irishmagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of irishmagic
I also dismissed the effect once I first learned it but decided to try it. The effect works great for me and is my most performed impromptu effect. I love it. I always have it with me. WHen someone asks me to do a trick its 9 times out of 10 going to be KK. And to answer the origional question I have never had someone ask to see my wallet, guess i'm lucky.
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Someone mentioned that a version of Kolossal Killer is on one of my videos. Some of you may not know that I created the name Kolossal Killer for Kenton's ingenious effect. We originally put it out together. Eventually I drifted off into variations of my own. Kenton's original was and is superb. In the version on my video, I boiled it all down to two envelopes containing two cards in each. One on either side of a Himber. A total of four cards. Naturally, it can be done with an ordinary wallet as well.
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
I did Kolossal Killer to one person, and she said: "What's so special about that? You can have a whole deck inside your wallet!" Smile Smile

I will never understand how certain people reason...

Mikael
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Mikael. Read my post again. It's above yours. It's saying that it can be done with any wallet. And it won't make any difference if the person grabs your wallet. Of course if that happened to me I think I'd furnish him with a knuckle sandwich. All kdding aside, in this version, he could rip your wallet apart and be none the wiser. If you're interested...contact me offline.
Pinky
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of Pinky
Kermit,

Here's an idea...Just do it. If you do it with the belief that it'll work, IT WILL WORK! You have to be willing to fail in order to succeed.

That being said, I've been doing this for a while now with only THREE cards and lots of Wonder Words...and it always works.

Don't think about it. Just go and do it.
Dave Cross

"The problem with being better than everyone else is that people tend to think you're pretentious."
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
The 'gaffed' version of KK referred to earlier in this thread - and I assume the reference is made to the Larry Becker/Knepper version - is still beautifully made and sold by Roy Roth of RAR Magic in Wales, UK. As with all Roth's wallets, the quality is superb and will last more than one lifetime.

I would be interested to communicate with anyone who uses this and has updated handling tips. I note it was not covered in Larry's excellent Stunners Plus under his commercial products - possibly as the rights are with another supplier.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
My next to final version is included on the Mental Masterpieces DVD available from me or Meir Yedid in NY. The one on the video uses four cards, two envelopes and a Himber Wallet. My final version is in Stunners-Plus, the commercial section, see instructions for the Versdex Wallet.
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
552 Posts

Profile of debaser
Mr. Becker

By final version do you mean the version that you prefer or simply another version

so i guess what im asking is which version do you think works best - atleast for you

P.S. thanks for taking the time to clarify things for us on this and all your posts. It is very helpful

Matt
magicman03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicman03
Has anyone tried kolossal killer with mini cards? It seems like it would take away from the effect.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-09-22 20:21, magicman03 wrote:
Has anyone tried kolossal killer with mini cards? It seems like it would take away from the effect.

It does. The logic would be that because the cards are so tiny, you must be able to fit many of them into a wallet. Smile
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I posted my 2 card KK trick which uses no equivoque. I do perform this and will in my stage act, so please don't let it leave this board. It's a staple in my repretoire so maybe I'm an idiot for having posted it. I just use so much info I've gotten from others I'm owe it, I suppose.

Jonathan Grant
Sound Reader
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Sound Reader
When I perform KK I finish up by taking a full deck of cards out of my pocket and putting the card I took out of my wallet into the deck.
This really helps plant the suggestion into the spectator's mind that the card came out of this deck AND if you didn't want them to see the writing on the back of the card this takes care of that as well.
After you ditch the marked card into the deck you can then take out a clean duplicate card.

S.R .
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Great advice Sound Reader! I like it.

Jonathan Grant
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kolossal Killer questions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL