The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cracked coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TCM
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TCM
So I was walking down in my school to go to the toilet during lesson time practising my coin roll when I dropped my coin. Luckily, it landed next to a cracked 2p, which I though I could use in a trick. I cant get a picture of it, so I will draw a crappy one in paint (Oh god no Smile ) here it is...

With this, I remebered the opening for the sponge balls routine where the spec moves and turns over his hands etc. so he follows the magician's commands, and I thought of using a simple coin switch where a normal 2p turns into a cracked 2p. It's not the best in terms of reactions, but they are actually ok.

This is it so far:

I get the spec to hold out his hand, with my normal 2p in my left hand left for all to see, pointing to the 2p in my left hand with my right hand. I then get the spec to turn over his hand, squeeze it into a fist, turn his hand back and hold out his hand, all the time demonstrating with my left hand, my right hand pointing.

I then perform a simple switch and cover the crack with my thumb, although most of the coin is left in view (well, about 2/3 of it). Then it's just a case of getting the spec to squeeze like in the multiplying (sp?) sponge balls routine, while I nonchalantly put my hands in my pockets, ditching the normal coin at the same time. The spec opens his hands, to see that the coin cracked in his hands. Some said that they saw the coin crack visually, but I think it was a case of the spec's sweaty hands holding the coin and making it move while he opens his hands.

They have the broken coin, so I then perform some other tricks so they 'forget' about this. I palm out a normal 2P and ask to see that coin again. I do a little switch and throw the coin into the specs hands, and I have the coin back Smile The reactions are surprisingly good for such a cheap (he he) trick, so I am liking the idea more and more over time.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
David Roth performs a routine called a Torn and Restored Coin in Kaufman Coin Magic...... you may be able to use that
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
2nd Godhandz on Torn and Restored coin.
Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cracked coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL