The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Getting dates (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
There's this girl that I just can't get off my mind. I always, always think about her. I want to ask her out, but I don't know how.
Any advice?

Michael
Signature
View Profile
New user
Austria->Vienna
45 Posts

Profile of Signature
You can use magic Smile

do a trick that ends up with something like:
wanna go out with me
or something similar Smile
asking girls out is like getting on stage ;D you cant tell what is gonna happen until
the VERY end
but beleaveme once you have asked her and even if she said NO you will feel better
than before ;D

oh and a vid that is about that topic is jay sankeys- firestarters ;D

Greets
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Relax and talk to her. Don't look desperate. If conversation works, ask her out.
It's not that complicated. Oh, and leave the magic out until she gets to know you a bit.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Do NOT do magic as a way to ask her out or even to get her attention. Be a human being, dude. Try total honesty; "Look, I have no idea how to do this smoothly, so I'm just going to ask it..." Something like that. And actually have a date idea in mind. Make it something cool. Dinner and movie has been done to death. Coffee and a walk through a local park will give you guys time to talk. Be yourself, and be a gentleman!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Good advice, Reis, you old smoothy! But yes, be yourself.

I can't think of anything more cringeworthy than having a card change into a sign saying - 'go out with me', for example. Awful. Please don't use magic to get women.

That said, I have had lots of women when I perform saying, 'Women must throw themselves at you!' Odd breed.

But if they don't like you, they won't want you for your magic.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
As some said...forget the magic tricks, there is a good chance you may appear as a geek to her that way. Try the old fashion way...conversation...talk to her, and talk about her...not you! Compliments seem to work also...but dson't be over complementing. And if all else fails...see if she wants to make 40 bucks the hard way...OK, just kidding there Smile!

Mike
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Mike, you scared me for a second LOL!
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
If you don't know how to ask her out..then wait until you are older.

Howard
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Forty bucks?!?! Geesh, prices have certainly gone up since my dating days! 'Course, movies were a buck then, too. Crap! When did I become my grandfather?

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-07-01 13:40, Skip Way wrote:
Forty bucks?!?! Geesh, prices have certainly gone up since my dating days! 'Course, movies were a buck then, too. Crap! When did I become my grandfather?

:o) Skip

Good one. And Howard, I'm 16 years old. How much older do I need to be?
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Old enought to know how to ask a girl out...you haven't said whether or not you know her or is it someone who you have just seen from afar?
If you know her and don't know how to ask her out you've got problems.
If on the other hand you don't know her.. then introduce youself and let the conversation develop..tell her you would like to get to know her better and how about a meal..drink whatever..nothing to heavy or private..somewhere where there are other people.Then if you get on OK you can suggest a more intimate type of date.
She might of course already be spoken for ..so be prepared to take No as a answer..Then say to yourself .."there's plenty more fish in the sea"

The first time I met my wife was at an interview for a job which I eventually got .
She came in at the interview and asked if I would like a cup of tea..
"how many sugars?" she asked .
"eight please" I replied "but don't stir it cause I don't like it sweet".

She said she thought I was a "right smart a**e".

The marriage has only lasted 34 years this July 17th !!

Good Luck..keep us informed..and don't forget..He Who Dares Wins.

Howard
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Thank you Howard. Yes, I do know the girl. I think she's very sweet, and very beautiful. I just don't know how to ask her. I'm too shy.
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Impromptu,ask her if she has seen the latest film (whatever it is)if she says no,then say i,m going to see it on xxxxxday would you like to come and see it with me,mike
Signature
View Profile
New user
Austria->Vienna
45 Posts

Profile of Signature
Shure it is better to ask her the usual way Smile
but since this is a magic forum I just wantet to tell ya about that possibility

I have tried both and magic works fine for me but just asking her works out great
too
since you don't get "SEEN" like a geek out of her point of view Smile

but it both works and I think everyone of us should try both out to see what is
naturally suited to him Smile

Greets
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Getting dates... Climb the tree and shake the branch!
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
1. Get yourself a hundred dollar bill. (Mow grass, wash cars, just get it, man!)
2. Wait until she is alone in a very public place. (No dark alleys or hallways!)
3. Walk past her, and say "Hey...You wouldn't have change for a hundred dollar bill, would you?"
6. She will almost certainly reply "No" or "I wish I did."
7. Act a little disappointed, look around, and ask her if she knows any place you could get the big bill broken.
8. She may hesitate but will eventually suggest someplace nearby (a convienence store, gas station, etc.).
9. Say "Hey thanks! What's your name again?"
10. When she tells you her name say" Thanks (insert name here)! I owe you one."
11. Walk away, go get change, and then come back.
12. Say "Hey...I'm going to go get a bite to eat (or a milkshake or a cup of coffee, etc). You wanna go with me? It's my treat. I owe you one... remember?
13. She will turn you down but don't worry. She's only being polite.
When she turns you down say "Okay... some other time then?" Wait for an answer.
14. If she agrees say "How about next friday?"
15. If she declines, look disappointed, say "Okay...but I still owe you one!"
16. Every couple of weeks ask her again until she goes out with you.

The above strategy is sneaky, underhanded and totally legal under the rules of modern courtship. It's also a great setup for THE PIGEON DROP.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
What if she goes" I'll think about it"?
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
You should look amused, smile and say "Okay but I have to warn you ...I'm very persistent."

Keep after her. If she's not rejecting you outright, it's only a matter of time before she relents.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Haha...Do you really want to go on a date with someone that you had to practically beg? If she says no, she says no. Please don't be a pest about it. Just be straight up and be confident. The worst that can happen is she says no. Not the end of the world.

James
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
>"You should look amused, smile and say 'Okay but I have to warn you ...I'm very persistent.' Keep after her. If she's not rejecting you outright, it's only a matter of time before she relents."

The Teddy Roosevelt "I'll camp in your father's front yard!" approach is not only unrealistic, it is now called STALKING.

If she says NO, don't be obsessive. Just move on. Eventually you'll find the right one who says YES, and who you click with. Starting a 'relationship' on the wrong foot by obsessiveness just leads to a rocky relationship or a restraining order...or both.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Getting dates (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL