The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson CD-ROM with PDF files (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sigmund Clementz
View Profile
New user
Oslo, Norway
4 Posts

Profile of Sigmund Clementz
Just got an e-mail update from Hank Lee's Magic Factory, about a Barrie Richardson CD-ROM with PDF files of his routines.

Do you know what this is? Any overlap with "Act two", the book (hopefully) shipped July 7?

"This CD-ROM contains 43 of Barrie's best routines, tricks, and devices. Contained in .pdf file format on the CD are 4 collections of Barrie's lecture notes, and 4 of Barrie's routines. Each .pdf file contains several illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions.
Lectures & Routines Included:
Lecture notes: Concepts and Deceptions
Lecture notes: Seven Modest Miracles
Lecture notes: Six Powerful Routines
Lecture notes: Subtleties, Boldness, and Misdirection
Routine: Astonishing Rice Jar Suspension
Routine: Impossible Knot Routine
Routine: Impromptu Card at any Number
Routine: Optical Brainwave-Slow-Motion"
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I believe a good bit of that is NOT in Act Two, but some is (Such as the Rice Jar Suspension). Either way a good purchase for a Barrie Fan.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
395 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Some of the material is definitely in Theater of the Mind, though Barrie does have additional tips and handling for some of those effects. But we're just going to have to wait and see about the other material until next week (assuming it ships then).

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
Sigmund Clementz
View Profile
New user
Oslo, Norway
4 Posts

Profile of Sigmund Clementz
It seems like a whole range of material is released at once. I just picked up this in the "New Products" category at http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com (Murphy's Magic, wholesale only):

"Quartet by Barrie Richardson (QUARTETTRICK)
This effect closely follows a trick from Barrie's book Theater of the Mind. In that effect, the performer gives a split deck to two helpers.

The performer then retrieves a few cards from each of the helpers and goes on to explain how he uses a simple memory system to recall each card. He teaches this concept using several cards which he holds up as examples and then invites the audience to participate in the experiment.

After briefly looking at the cards held by his assistants, the performer asks them to sort them by suit. Then he quickly and dramatically finds the location of all 52 cards by pointing to the person whom he believes holds that card. When the performer comes to a card that the audience had seen, they are invited to find the location All in all, this is a dramatic and memorable stunt.

"Quartet" has the same theme, i.e. you find the locations of the cards after a quick inspection, but the stunt is more dramatic and difficult, because the cards are distributed to four persons, not two.

The included patter which relates to recalling seeing people in a four-room house - seems more believable."

The book "A Boon for All Seaons" (written together with The Boons originator, Eric Mason (England) in the mid to late seventies, I believe), is also re-released:

"This manuscript details the use of one of the most storied and effective magic marking systems available, the boon. From the construction of a boon to the proper uses and routines, this booklet has it all. The magic that can be achieved with this little item is truly breathtaking. You can perform high-level mentalism and impossible predictions that will get people talking."
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1921 Posts

Profile of Platt
I'm a bit confused on how many "Card at Any Number" plots he's released. People have been raving about Barrie's method here for some time. Now he is releasing it in his new book. Is this a new, and even better, method. Is it one of the same methods (I guess there were 3) that were in his first book? I just purchased the CD-ROM(containing ACAAN) hoping it was his latest and greatest. Any knowledge on this would be helpful.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
395 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Hi Platt,

Yes, it does seem very confusing as he seems to have several solutions and variations in print. But the Impromptu Card at Any Number that Barrie demonstrated at his lectures and was being raved about here and in other forums is not in Act Two (unless I totally missed it!). It is on the CD, though, and sold separately for $20 SRP.

-- Jheff
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-10 20:04, Jheff wrote:
Hi Platt,

Yes, it does seem very confusing as he seems to have several solutions and variations in print. But the Impromptu Card at Any Number that Barrie demonstrated at his lectures and was being raved about here and in other forums is not in Act Two (unless I totally missed it!). It is on the CD, though, and sold separately for $20 SRP.

-- Jheff

No Jheff, its not in Act Two (Althought I also thought it would be in there). The one I believe in the book description is "Untouched". This is the only one I remember coming across.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Maybe I should ask this in a separate thread, but...

ACT TWO blurb says:

*Remarkable new billet techniques are applied to ordinary
business cards and Post-It notes to create astonishing
effects of mind reading.

Now, is this also included in the Richardson CD?

I have ordered the CD. I am thinking of buying ACT TWO also, only if this billet thing is not in the CD.

Could anyone please help?

Thanx!
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
395 Posts

Profile of Jheff
The billet stuff on the CD Collection is in ACT TWO. In fact, most of the stuff on the CD Collection is in THEATER OF THE MIND or ACT TWO. ACT TWO, though, is edited by Stephen Minch so the explanations and drawings are clearer in many cases. Finally, there's a lot more material in ACT TWO besides just the newer material in the CD Collection.

I'm not sure if that made it any easier for you to decide.

-- Jheff
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Thank you very much, Jheff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson CD-ROM with PDF files (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL