The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Walking through a mirror/wall (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help point me in the direction of as manymethods of waliking through a mirror, wall, or any other solid type of object. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Either pm me or post your comments here, thanks,
Kyle
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
This has been discussed before. Try doing a search. Or better yet PM magic reza. He's a member of this Café.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
If you have the cash, check out Devils Reflection.

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_o......efle.htm

Peter Loughran is a very good illusion builder and magician. He has a name here at the Café. You could try PM'ing him. He is always very helpful.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
eb02
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of eb02
You can find a simple instruction in Andrew Mayne book, I think in "Solo X" or "Illusion F/X". I saw in jis site he is going to publish a new book mid July and he has a picture of walking thru a mirror.
Look at his site: http://www.andrewmayne.com
Eran
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
The most exciting thing I got to walk through was a wall of Dunlop tyres.

A huge wall of tyres was made by members of the audience on stage and a screen was placed either side which allowed the shadow to be seen.

There were no bases, traps, mirrors or of course false tyres (lol!). This was a great success but a pain to get the R&D correct.

The illusion was only performed once as it was a special for a launch. The huge platform we still have in the depot. Maybe I would use it again. I have an idea for walking through a wall of people who are all bound together with leather straps - sounds like a lot of fun!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Sounds like a bondage video ....LOL.
But personally I think walking thru a group of people may not stand out to good effect. By the way I saw your latest DVD on costume changing is out Alex. Nice work. Bye.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2005-07-03 14:01, plainman007 wrote:
Sounds like a bondage video ....LOL.
But personally I think walking thru a group of people may not stand out to good effect. By the way I saw your latest DVD on costume changing is out Alex. Nice work. Bye.

Thanks plainman007 - but "Quick Change" is a book, not a DVD!!

The idea of walking through the people is only an idea, and as you say the effect may not be as good as the concept maybe sounds.

There is reference to the Houdini method of "Walking thru' a Wall" in more than one book, some of them actually giving the method too.

Paul Daniels re-enacted something similar many years ago ( with the same method) by "walking" through a wall of china mugs! Actually as I remember he was laying down and was slid through on a trolley.

JC Sum has a couple of illusions of this genre which are worth looking into.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
Thanks for your help guys, anymore would be appreciated, pm me.
Kyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Walking through a mirror/wall (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL