The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK in *their* hands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
868 Posts

Profile of espmagic
For the purposes of this thread let's just assume that PK is the only "real" visible effect for mentalism. What, then, is the best "in their hands" PK effect? Of course this would rule out balancing pens which wobble or vibrate, and blocks of wood that topple...

I'm looking for something that can be done in my spectator's hands; whether they believe that they did it or I did it is of no matter (at least, not in my presentation concept).

Comments?

Lee
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
If you do spoon or fork bend routines, try moving a fork ever so little in the spectators outstreched hand.
Don't be surprised if she screams! Smile

Sven
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
LIke Sven mentioned you can try move a fork in their hand or what I do in my show is a kind of the effect Paranormal. It is possible to make it in their hands and I got huge reactions from it.

Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Lee please do not rule out pens for in the hands PK. Myself and Banachek both do the PK Sharpie in the hands.

I am not sure this would work with all PK type pens, but if you take the PK Sharpie and balance it on the side of somones hand. as it starts to tip, they will slowly try and tilt their hand to keep it from falling. providing they do no tilt too much, the pen will keep going and eventually fall off. This is a very spooky effect for a lay person.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
mrfluffy
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mrfluffy
Coin bend using X-pert
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
If you work with IT or loops you can perform a haunted deck, floating bill, and rising sunglasses effect in their hands. Also, and this is not really a PK effect, but you can do the fingers coming together effect with their hands. I believe it was published in Body Magic and also in one of Kentons books.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
PK time, Xpert coin bend, a wee bit of a spoon/fork bend from PK silverware - those with it will know what I mean (this thread wpuld probably benefit from being in inner thoughts. just a suggestion)

Also, though PK touches doesn't happen in the hands, its still worth a mention!
Tom.
rumburak
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of rumburak
Maybe you could also consider using a gimmick like the M5 to move objects in the audiences hand. Such an effect could be combined with the bends mentioned by others.

Apart from that you can stop their watches with the same kind of gimmick ...
cardiac
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, U.K.
250 Posts

Profile of cardiac
It's a fact that hands pressed tightly together around any object will get warmer after a short period. Sometimes you can start to feel your own pulse as well, depending on where the fingers are placed. Both these phenomena can give the effect of something happening, enhanced of course by the suggestion that this is what is taking place.

Which is nice, especially if you have naughtily pre-bent the object.
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
497 Posts

Profile of bofx
You could stop watch, move pen, invisibly touch their hand, bend metal, do the haunted key, ...
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Avocat
I bought a Chazpro Micro-5 just because of a trick I read in _MAGIC_, back around August of 1995. It was McFarland's "Ghost Coin," and involved causing a quarter to rise up on a spectator's palm based, supposedly, on manipulating the person's muscles. I have a love-hate relationship with the gimmick, because of all the negative potential side effects in this information-age, but the effect on spectators is pretty powerful.

magically yours,

Jim Kawashima
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
1000 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I have seen Luke Jermay do his heart stop, and his routine where the spectator looks at their hand and the lines get deeper and swirl. Plays well close up and on stage. It is in his books, and very effective for everyone.
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
Joe Stone
View Profile
New user
Wood Green, London, UK
61 Posts

Profile of Joe Stone
Jim, I really like that idea for presenting the M5 - have you, or anyone else, ever had any experience with the gimick breaking anything? - I've been rather nervous so far and only used it in my own hands...
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
I do a visable coin bend on spectators hand.

It bends visibly without cover.

The prinicipal is similar to the vid clip of the nail bend on my site. But done with a cion and no cover.

Jack

H.O.A_X
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Jack:

When's that bend in the spectator's hand video going up on the site? I remember hearing you mention that a while back.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I have two, one of which is technically NOT really PK at all, but IS a visible effect - Kathy's Screwy Finger Bit by Jim Ryan (Magic Menu, Jim Ryan Issue). You cause their fingers to move without ANY gimmicks at all. a major mind melter if ever there was one.

The other is the coin that flips over in the spectator's hand.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
Sean fields has a routine in his book x-rated {for the masses}were a group of spectadors bend the spoons in their hands.
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
Haunted Key may be an old chestnut, but it gets a great response from the person holding it!
"To be on the wire is life, the rest is waiting"
Karl Wallenda
magicmason07
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicmason07
Joe,
I own the m5 and if you don't hold the gimmick to a breakable object liek a watch for too long you will have no problems. I would always warn the spectator of the dangers of the watch stop. If the worst case scenario happens and the watches hands do magnetize a good shakind and slight bumping shold help demagnetize them. Hope this helps.
sup i love the stinky cheese a lot i mean a lot you cant imagine how much i love it
Gordon Fisher
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
193 Posts

Profile of Gordon Fisher
A form of PK can be utilised using suggestion based techniques such has making a coin or ring take on a life of its own inside the spectators fist. have them concentrate on the pulsing feeling and suggest that they can almost feel the coin breathing. when they open it the coin has bent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK in *their* hands? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL