The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Mentalism Effect (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
bigdunk007
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of bigdunk007
I'm trying to guage what people's favorite mentalism effects are - notably for close-up. (ie not with dodgy gimmicks which plants questions in peoples mind as to why you are using them)

:kermit:

Mine is the invisible deck, and the use of a one-way forcing deck like on Derren Brown's Devilish Deception vid.
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
My favorite impromptu routines are the CT and "Brainwave Chain". The latter is done with a tiny brainwave deck, which is attached to my key-chain. A compbination of the two tricks are ideal for "table-hopping" or one-to-one-situations in a newspaper office for example.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

TED LESLEY
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
eric2104
View Profile
New user
saint-martin (French West Indies)
87 Posts

Profile of eric2104
If "no-cards" mentalism, the CT is certainly the best tool. Try "Geometear" from Water's MMM.
If cards are acceptable, try "Triple Prediction" (100% impromptu, cards in spectator's hands). And conclude this one with a Cartomancy Reading, which transforms what could be seen as a cool card trick into a "real mentalism" piece...
"All magic is mental"
Tony Shiels.
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
Booktests.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
Quote:

My favorite impromptu routines are the CT and "Brainwave Chain". The latter is done with a tiny brainwave deck, which is attached to my key-chain.

Please Ted, can you say a little more to the "Brainwave Chain"? Is this only a very small brainwave deck? How is the handling of such a small deck?
Manfredo
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hello Manfredo,
Yes, this is a small "Barainwave-Deck" made up exactly like Joe Berg`s "ULTRA-MENTAL-DECK". The handling is easy, the cards are held by the thumb and the first finger of the left hand. Thumb and forefinger of the right hand fan and spread the cards and do the "secret something", what its secret is is I have forgotten Smile

If you want more about this deck, let me know by private mail please.

ESPecially

TED Lesley
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
NelsonMon
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of NelsonMon
Sorry to be such an amateur,

What is CT? (Thanks again for your book, Paramiracles, Mr. Lesley!)
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
CT = Centre Tear
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
If you have a couple for whom you are performing, Mark Strivings markets a very nice effect called "Warm Fuzzies Up Close". It is a compatability test for the couple and, in my experience, gets a very good reaction.

It uses business cards and stones, all supplied.

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
NelsonMon
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of NelsonMon
If I'm having dinner with my friends I really enjoy bending silverware, though I've read in other posts how that's overdone these days. I also like Contimental by Max Maven, which I've memorized, because it requires virtually no set-up, and usually leaves quite an impression. Also, I like Gregory Wilson's take on the old ashes trick with lipstick, and thumbtip tricks too.

Smile

OT: Where do you guys like to practice your stuff? Believe it or not, I've found that strip clubs offer great environments, because of the number of different personalities available that come up to you, and it's a good way to practice your patter(I usually get a dance first then ask them if they have time to help me with an "exercise"). Plus it's better conversation than the standard "Where are you from? Have you danced here long? Is your real name Mustang?" and so forth that they hear all day long.

And hey, naked girls...
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Agathon
I practice in front of the mirror. It affords me a 100% hit rate as I usually know what I'm thinking.

Charles Smile
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
My favorites:
1) CARDS: Harry Anderson's CHILDREN'S YARD SALE from MAGICK.
2) NO CARDS: PHANTOM ARTIST from PME &/or The Jinx
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Loyal user
sInGaPoRe
210 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
Reversal in P.S by Steve Banachek. This trick is an "improvement" or variation to an old principle which really kills. Don't miss it and do try it out. Smile
Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
Do as I Did- Ortiz
chrisop
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of chrisop
One of my favourite mentalism effects is Penonmenen. Easy setup and works perfectly for me all the time. Smile
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
The more we love a thing,
The more we see in it what others
do not see,
And the nobler it becomes in our view
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
ehudsegev
View Profile
New user
New York City
5 Posts

Profile of ehudsegev
Cards? Favorite? Naaaa...
Maybe to use cards here and there in a show - but to call a cards-mental magic favorite??? I wouldn't go that far.

The best piece I do, EVERYWHERE is the confabulation. Nothing else matters. I carry my special (card to)-wallet with me anytime just for this cause. LOVVVVVE IT!

Ehud Segev.
=============================================The truth is right here ...
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Quote:
On 2002-10-21 20:15, Paradox wrote:
1) CARDS: Harry Anderson's CHILDREN'S YARD SALE from MAGICK.

Actually, that's Leslie Anderson's, not Harry's (IIRC, Leslie is Harry's wife).

--Andy
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
My first choice would be billet work. I prefer to use a peek rather than a tear, but either can be wonderful. I highly recommend Millard Longmans Acidus Novus.

Stan
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1610 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
In the impromptu department:

Using the "power of my mind" to move something, such as a fork on the tabletop. Presented properly, even a small movement gets a huge reaction. Use a Loop.

Anoher favorite: The John Kennedy/Tim Conover Mind Power Deck (I constructed my own version with Bicycle cards) or an Osterlind-stacked deck for straight mind-reading.

Jerry
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
585 Posts

Profile of wayman
Has everyone forgotten Kollosal Killer?
(shuffle this invisible deck and pick out any card that you want.....open the box first.....)
It just has to be my favourite closely followed by the Full Monte ( Ahead of the pack).

and yes some people still dont know Grey Elephant from Denmark
( or Yellow Zebra from Africa )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Mentalism Effect (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL