The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Mentalism Effect (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
NelsonMon
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of NelsonMon
Wayman,

Does Yellow Zebra from Africa work the same way as Gray Elephant?
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
585 Posts

Profile of wayman
Yes, you just have to rearrange the maths and order your questions differently.

I use it if as a follow up if some-one asks can I do that again.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1528 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I have one effect that is so simple, but you just have to do it to see. In my wallet is a queen of hearts. Nothing else. I ask the spectator to clear their mind, then close their eyes and imagine a deck of cards lying on a table in front of them face down. They take out one card: what was it?
If they state anything else, I advise them that it's just a simple experiment to see how easy it is to clear the mind and focus on one object. I don't even mention anything else about the card in my wallet. If, however, they state "queen of hearts", then I tell them that I had thinking of a single card myself. I was trying to send that thought to them. I act as though I'll let it go at that, then take out my wallet and show them that the Q of H is the only card in my wallet.
Gets a great response everytime it's right, sets me up for other things when it isn't.
Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Brandon
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
130 Posts

Profile of Brandon
I have to agree with Tony--one of my all-time favorites as well is Mark Strivings' Warm & Fuzzies...it ruuules. Mark also has another one with a pseudo-hypnotism theme that is great, I believe it's "Hypno-voque".

I'd have to say the rest of my favourites are primarily made-up of Larry Becker effects...too many & too hard to choose.

Brandon
samhenry
View Profile
New user
Venezuela
17 Posts

Profile of samhenry
NO-cards: Bending spoon or CT.
Cards: Invisible Deck
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
Effects or methods? A nail writer and a bit equivoque create limitless possibilities for seeming direct mindreading. I think the inclusion of such thing as cards tends to detract from the art. Of course presentation is everything. One of favorite routines by "Max Maven" was for a beach party using jumbo cards. Everyone in the party got an envelope with a Jumbo card and it created a lot of fun by having the audience "suffle" and "cut" themselves as Max did with his deck...He ended by mixing into the crowd to find a selection.
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
tough one!

PK in the form of Yigal Mesika's is what seems to me to get the most visual, memorable response, however...

any test you do where something is thought of and revealed whithout the focus put on the writing...i could go into much detail, here, but I won't

Don Marco
"Imagination is the Only Reality"-- Marquis de Sade
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Anything using my S.U.C. or my Thought Transmitter Smile

Smile
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Most impromptu:
I have great success with Voodoo Blister by Tony Andruzzi. I turn away for the creation of the blister on their chosen finger, and obtain a peek throughout. Some have offered to get me a Doctor, but, well, it just doesn't last...
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
Wasn't this blister effect originated by Jack Tillar? It's under his name in Tarbell.
theologian
View Profile
New user
italy
21 Posts

Profile of theologian
Hi:
Vodoo Blister presented by Tony in Bizarre Video,was a creation by Micro -J. White-you can find Micro's Blister in Invocation.

Pax Vobiscum
Theologian Smile
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
Re the Blister:
See Tarbell Vol 6, "JACK TILLAR'S BLISTER", p 379, copyright date 1972
Compare with INVOCATION Vol 1 No. 1: July 1974. INVOCATION didn't start publication till 2 years AFTER Tarbell #6 came out.,so whenever Joe White published his handling of the blister effect, it HAD to be after 1974. My file of INVOCATION is incomplete, so I can't give you the exact date of Joe's handling.
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
Quote:
On May 27, 2014, jcss wrote:
Many in the Colin mcleod videos

Agreed! Anything from Colin & probably his Bookless Book Test from opening minds...excellent!
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I have been trying to acquire this for the last seven years. My understanding is that this is ultra rare and no longer marketed. Is this accurate?

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On May 28, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Hard Copy Thought Broadcast by Callahan. Smile
Rogerbest
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Rogerbest
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2002, rickmagic1 wrote:
I have one effect that is so simple, but you just have to do it to see. In my wallet is a queen of hearts. Nothing else. I ask the spectator to clear their mind, then close their eyes and imagine a deck of cards lying on a table in front of them face down. They take out one card: what was it?
If they state anything else, I advise them that it's just a simple experiment to see how easy it is to clear the mind and focus on one object. I don't even mention anything else about the card in my wallet. If, however, they state "queen of hearts", then I tell them that I had thinking of a single card myself. I was trying to send that thought to them. I act as though I'll let it go at that, then take out my wallet and show them that the Q of H is the only card in my wallet.
Gets a great response everytime it's right, sets me up for other things when it isn't.
Rick

Place deck on table and ask spec. to name a card.
If he names queen of hearts, spread deck on table face-up and queen is gone...
If spec. names any other card...use the deck to show them your best mental effect with cards.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2063 Posts

Profile of gabelson
In asking the spectator to think of one card, there are several things you can say (that will only register subconsciously) which will bring your hit rate to well over 90% in them naming the Queen of Hearts.
Alex Le Fanu
View Profile
New user
Milan, Italy
37 Posts

Profile of Alex Le Fanu
My favourite impromptu effects:

With no cards: Mind reading with a little "billet-work move" (Original idea in "Principia Mentalia" - Principium 2 Third effect by Bob Cassidy)or math effects;

With cards: OOTW

Alex
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
What a fascinating thread. It's come back to life after a 12-year nap. What's interesting to see is what was named a dozen years ago versus what gets named now...gives you a great look at what has changed in that time, and what hasn't. I'd love to hear what (or who) everyone thinks is the biggest game changer that has come along during the years between these posts. Thoughts?
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Nothing much has changed as far as I can tell. I see a lot of recycled ideas - not necessarily a bad thing (a great presentation is worth it's weight in gold) - but I am yet to see some new ground breaking technique that is not just a variation on an idea.

In response, one of my fav routines at the moment is Nod to Pocketwatch followed closely by A Rose By Any Other Name.
There is no holy grail!
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Nothing much has changed as far as I can tell. I see a lot of recycled ideas - not necessarily a bad thing (a great presentation is worth it's weight in gold) - but I am yet to see some new ground breaking technique that is not just a variation on an idea.

In response, one of my fav routines at the moment is Nod to Pocketwatch followed closely by A Rose By Any Other Name.
There is no holy grail!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Mentalism Effect (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL