The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Eureka Table Base, Strong? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
How much weight can the Eureka Table Base hold? Can it attach to any top, or only specially manufactured tops?

Thanks,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Right now, my Murder Inc. illusion is sitting on it, and it is quite sturdy, and I'am sure that it could easyly hold the weight, extending 3-4 feet, but if you put it up too high it will start to wobble.

The table base comes with its own speciality top, that you can put on the bottom of any table top or item that you are looking to hold.

It is really a great base, you cant go wrong with this!

Magically yours, Sam Pearce.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5763 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The table that I made using a Eureka Base is so sturdy that I can lean on it, without worry. I weigh just over 190#, so that's a strong table.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-07-03 11:08, SwissKid 52 wrote:
How much weight can the Eureka Table Base hold? Can it attach to any top, or only specially manufactured tops?

Thanks,
Gideon

Gideon,

I'm not sure if we have 12 or 16 Eureka Table bases. All are converted to accept 1/2" water pipe thread flanges. Most are used as JetSet stands (for portable curtains or backdrops). Two are used for Chalet Gloves to Dove or Dove in Balloon, two are used for Chalet Doves to Rabbit and two are used for small table tops. All are exactly alike so there is no lost efforts or need to match. My last dozen were probably bought in 1976. They are tough and will last until someone loses them or they get stolen. The only two parts that ever give me trouble are the twist knobs that get broken and the rubber feet that fall off. The knobs are available at most RV and Camper supply stores and the rubber feet have to be re-dipped in the plastic "stuff" that stays usually for many years.

Simply put, they are tough, adaptable, very portable and handy. I've never regretted a penny I've spent on them.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I just got my first Eureka table base and I am very impressed with the strength and stability. It looks like I'll want 3 more to replace the other bases I'm using now.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I don't like the Eureka bases. The tripod base on my stands are very sturdy in the lowest position. However, my stands will not stay in a raised position. I made my own tables from microphone stands and I am very well pleased with them.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
An advantage of mic stands is that there are so many different things made to screw on to them and lock to them. Don't overlook the uses of the boom pole top! (The curtain support isn't where it appears to be!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
You're exactly right Bob. I use a these little trays on two of my 'mic stand' tables that are handy-dandy little shelves. They look great too.

I also use speaker stands (with a little modification) for my backdrop stands. They look great and are very sturdy.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
My issue with the Eureka Table bases is the little extra piece that MAK puts on the top to screw into a flange, I use them with Joe Leflers cube Table, the threads strip eventually on the Eureka table base, so I go through them about every 6 months.
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-11-15 18:11, Magicalpro wrote:
My issue with the Eureka Table bases is the little extra piece that MAK puts on the top to screw into a flange, I use them with Joe Leflers cube Table, the threads strip eventually on the Eureka table base, so I go through them about every 6 months.

Your statement did not go unnoticed. I don't like the "glued on" look myself. It is an EMT joint with cast waterpipe thread. Actually it turns out to be very handy. But it does look awful. However, it is also very durable. If you are having trouble with the softer EMT threads put an iron waterpipe union above it. I have never striped one but I'm sure it can be done.

You moght prefer the mic stand arrangement Regan uses. It is harder metal.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2005-11-15 18:11, Magicalpro wrote:

I have issues with this also. I have not ruined the threads on this piece, but I did damage them on one of my Eureka's. I also do not like the height adjuster. That is what gave me the most problems.
Mister Mystery
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
What do you think would be the better idea, I might build my own wooden table, but I am also thinking of getting a cheap table base and putting a table on it. Where can I see a bunch of tables to choose from?
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
I use a cymbal stand to put my table top on. Very similar to the Eureka but less than half the price.
Tim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
OK --- Friday night I saw proof that old Eureka bases are not allowed to die. Michael has one with a small "C" clamp to lock it open.

He is ahead of me on one very important item. He has redipped all the feet and they match! It's been decades since mine matched. But they do have "character".

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- After that same show, I had an engineer asks me if thirty years isn't expecting a lot of heavily used vanishing dove cage. He didn't seem impressed when I replied, "Check with me again in thirty more years." Some equipment isn't allowed to die.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Eureka tables keep on ticking. So you do have to maintain them if you use them a lot. But the parts are easy to find and with a few minutes of work every few months you are back up to speed on this work horse. Like Bob, I use a plumbing flange on the bottom of my tables and have taken the time to paint them and the connector the same color. My oldest Eureka is over 20years old and has out lived five standard tops. Tt folds up to the right size for my trunk and has been a staple in over 3000 shows. I pile a lot of stuff on my tables including heavy props and it won't budge on stage. Some times lighter, cheaper and faster are not they way to go.
Believe you then that I do strange things
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12219 Posts

Profile of John C
Anyone know where I can purchase some poly olefin fiber to cover a case? I've searched google. This is the same stuff that covers Joe Lefler's Pro Suitcase.

Thanks,

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of algebraic
You can find one here that supports up to 100lbs: http://www.vikingmagiccompany.com/?nd=full&key=929
Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
229 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
>>>Anyone know where I can purchase some poly olefin fiber to cover a case? I've searched google. This is the same stuff that covers Joe Lefler's Pro Suitcase.<<<

Visit a car audio shop.
Especially the type that caters to the 'pimp my ride' crowd. Along with all the super-sized auto noisemakers you can usually get the olefin.
I paid about $7-8 a metre for it. Same stuff as on Lefler's tables.
Owen Anderson
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Owen is correct. I'm not sure if it is the exact same stuff, but it is very similar to the material used for trunk liner.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Here are a couple of links to microphone stands: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controll......;ci=8695
http://www.kraftmusic.com/catalog/access......p;brand=

You microphone stands users, do you use a tripod or round base? I never thought about using one before. I always uses the Eureka Base. But I will investigate the microphone stands to see which one pleases me more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Eureka Table Base, Strong? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL