The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What is your absolute favorite video series? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
There are some really good series out there...
Bill Malone, Daryl foolers doolers, Tommy Wonder....
but if I had to choose 1, it'll be Bill Malone On the Loose series!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
The Stars of Magic video series by Tannens, then I think A1 bought the rights..
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Chintamani
View Profile
New user
UK
39 Posts

Profile of Chintamani
Ammar's EMCM and Bill Malone's On The Loose have proved excellent value for me, aside from all the stuff I learned from them, Bill Malone is such a pleasure to watch over and over.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Johnny Thompson --Commercial Magic. The classics expertly performed and explained.

Jack Shalom
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Seconds Osterlind's Mind Mysteries.
Also enjoy Some of Dan Harlands series.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Man it is difficult to choose just 1 series.Mind Mysteries,ETMCM,ETMMM,On The Loose,Stars of Magic-Paul Harris,Elmsley's Lake Tahoe Sessions,FFF Secret Sessions and David Roth's Expert Coin Magic are all brilliant.But my prize will also have to go to Tommy Wonder's masterpiece.Pure Magic.Excellent effects,excellent lessons in 'mis'-direction and amazingly clear explainations make this the most important video/DVD to own.If you could do real magic,it would look like this.
Andre
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Bill Malone's On The Loose and Michael Ammar Easy To Master Card Miracles. Great magicians.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Don Alan Magic Ranch tapes
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I would have to choose Brad Burts set. I learned the most from these tapes.
Fiddling-Steve
View Profile
Loyal user
Danbury, Connecticut
212 Posts

Profile of Fiddling-Steve
Bill Malone's DVDs and Daryl's encyclopedia of card sleights.
Stick to the classics,

Stephen
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
M Ammar, ETMCM, no doubt, then all D Ortiz production 5higher level indeed)
Smile Smile Smile
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Great replies! What if you could only choose ONE?
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
I actually found M Ammar series more complete, with wide range of sleights. D Ortiz is 1st class card magic but only dedicated to expert cardician ! For my actual level, let's go for Ammar, when I'll mastered the perfect faro, Ortiz will be more useful for me...
Smile Smile Smile
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Yes, Ammar's ETMCM series is VERY complete and is an excellent choice. Isn't it very difficult to pick just one series? I decided against Ammar's ETMCM since it was only cards and some other DVD series gave a nice balance of different types of effects. Of course we all have our own effects we enjoy and it has been interested to hear everyone's choices. Anyone else have a favorite series they would like to share?

Thank you,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Yes M Ammar is only cards but you'll find lot of effects involving cards + others stuff, especially in vol 8 (eggs, rubber band, handkerchief, tie, balloon,etc...). For sure it's pretty hard to select only one series and depends a lot of your actual level + type of magic you like to adress...

Richard, I liked very much your idea of selecting each month the best trick everyone learned. Should be a standard topic, no ?

Best regards,
Grégoire
Smile Smile Smile
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Bill Malone was good
but so was Ammar
and McBride
ARGH I cant choose ONE!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Thank you Grégoire! Smile

That sounds good to me. Yes, I'll put out a post in about 1 week to see what are our top trick for the month of July. It is a lot of fun narrowing down the tricks over a months time and picking a favorite. A month is a good amount of time to gather a favorite trick whether learned, in process, or seen performed. I really look forward to all the replies and hope you will share as well.

Yes, there are many great DVD series out there. Please feel free to share your favorite if you haven't done so already.

Kind regards,
Rich
David43
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of David43
Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulation (3 volumes), without a doubt.

cheers

David
I Put a Spell On You
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Paul Gertner's Steel and Silver serie, very comercial routines ...
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Yes, Paul Gertner's "Steel and Silver" series is FANTASTIC! In addition to the very comercial routines I really enjoyed the Johnny Carson "Tonight Show" appearances. These are very entertaining to watch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What is your absolute favorite video series? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL