The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Faith Healing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Had a thought last night....

You offer to perform a demonstration of "faith healing." in a bizarre show.

A volunteer is asked up on stage. ( I would suggest using a real volunteer who actually offers to come on stage. You tell them nothing except that they will have to expose their naval.

You ask them if they have ever had a pain in their stomach (the answer is yes). You ask them if they have had a pain in their stomach RECENTLY

If YES, look worried and say "I think I might need to operate...."
IF NO, look worried and say "so you've had a pain but it went away? You might have damaged the nerves. I think I need to operate..."

"I will be operating in the forth dimension which enables me to look inside you without having to cut you open. Imagine two washers slide around on a table, existing only in the two dimensional space. If one of those washers discovered how to travel into three dimensions it would be able to rise up and travel ABOVE the other washer looking down into the hole without causing damage."

(Now if that's not psyeudo science I don't know what is!)

Have them lay down on a table and lift up their shirt a little. Wave a crystal over their stomach and play some new age music. Wash your hands in a bucket, show your hands empty and then plunge your fingers into their stomach. Blood starts running and eventually you produce a small flesh coloured cyst about an 3cm long and 1 cm thick. You remove the cyst, wipe away the blood, come out of your 'trance' and thank the person for their assistance.

The method? What piece of magic appratus can hide a small amount of water blood, is 3 cm long and 1 cm wide, flesh coloured and when covered with a little blood looks unrecognizable?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
That would be killer for sure...everyone seen those quacks on tv exposes regarding faith healers...to see it up close and personal, and STILL be unexplainable on the part of the layman would be grand...

Pm me the details if you have time or desire...

Baba
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I would imagine that the skeptics in the audience would be watching your hands like a HAWK so the gimmick would have to be ON your hand (like before you produce a silk) rather then in it (like before you produce a goldfish)

Just had another idea. Wet their stomach a little with warm water (blessed or whatever) and when the blood is added the water will mix and create extra blood.
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
I seem to recall that James Randi did a step by step expose of psychic surgery on one of his TV appearances. If you select a male with some avoirdupois, this can be most convincing.

Depending on what you want to produce, you could also play this for laughs.

Max
"To be on the wire is life, the rest is waiting"
Karl Wallenda
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
What you are describing is essentially "psychic surgery." The psychic surgeon also has pans of water and lots of towels on and around the patient. Obviously, a loaded TT can easily be hidden in the stuff surrounding the patient. The psychic surgeon may also have a tray suitable for displaying the "tumor" or chicken entrials that the operation yields.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Avoirdupois?

Oh you mean a fat man!

Sorry for being so insensate, obdurate and cerebally laggard!
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
Nicholas:

No sweat, as long as you weren't employing sesquipedelian circumlocution.
Karl Wallenda
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Ok maybe Im losing it here but I rather produce a rubber brick, wash it off as I switch it for a real one already in the bucket, when handing it to the spectator drop it just before he reaches so everyone hears the thud when that sucker hits the ground.

PS please hand me my medication!

Magickman

There must be 101 brick jokes to go with it.
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Nice idea nicholas Smile

I have thought of this before but here are some problems that bothers me...
does it might offend the volunteer.?
and the blood can be messy to stain his clothes and would he be willing to take off his clothes in front of many people?

could it be possible in the hand instead of the stomach? o it might risk the exposure of the gimmick...

have you already perform this? please share your thoughts...

peace....

-sinnead
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
How about causing the surgery to happen when he holds his own hands over his stomach, and you wave a knife from the other side of the room, this could be done a few ways, and also fit in with your presentation.
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
Since the impact of this thing is particularly strong on the audience, you might get away with using an unaknowledged assistant (I dislike the word stooge). The problem then becomes finding someone with enough extra flesh to be helpful who is also willing to strip in front of an audience.
Karl Wallenda
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Of course you dislike the word stooge. It only has six letters! Smile

I think it would be good to ask for volunteers and if no one offers then grab a stagehand and use them. There is no reason for people to think stooge if you gave them a chance.
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
On reflection, I think Nicholas is correct, this would be stronger with a legit volunteer.

He is also correct in saying that stooge has six letters! Smile

One would also want to wipe one's hands on a towel after the first incision. All kinds of stuff (including a brick) could be hidden in a towel. Of course, if your volunteer is male, be careful when you tell him you've removed his brick.
Karl Wallenda
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How about doing psychic surgery in reverse, and implanting something, and using an x-ray to confirm it afterwards. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
this is a great idea but I think tou would be paying for someone's cleaning bill.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
This is very very nice idea. so clever. definetely I will use this. thank you very much. I really apreciated.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Wow! Just think about going to your next funeral and doing this on the corpse. Maybe he died from some unknown cause that you just discovered.

Solves the problem of the audience thinking you used a stooge (who would die just to be in your show?), the volunteer being embarrased to be naked (he/she has been naked in front of a lot of people.), and having to pay a cleaning bill (no one is going to come back to sue and if they do just play this up as a resurrection effect).

Sorry, but since we were talking spooky, I just couldn't resist.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I like the idea of producing extra things after the TT.

Since you've already done the 'magic' people will relax and you can go to the second stage.

Had a look at Randi on the Carson show... I think he did EXACTLY this at one point.
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
In the Channel 4 series Faking It a Physics masters Student, Kevin McMahon , was turned into a magician in four weeks.

He went to the States to meet Penn and Teller and after a cringeworth attempt at a couple of tricks they offered him a ring from stomach effect to take back to the UK and perform. Essentially the load was in the bowl of water and a missing ring produced from the gore around the spec's navel.

All credit to Kevin who passed the test with flying colours and has now jettisoned physics in favour of full time magic.

http://www.kevinmcmahonmagic.com/about.htm
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Viano
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Viano
Kevin's sucess is impressive. He became a "Professional Magician" in only 4 weeks. It took me a lot longer than that.
Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Faith Healing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL