The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Power Deck Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
Good day everybody! I'm going to get the Mind Power Deck sometime soon and was wondering if you could do any of the regular card tricks I know with them. By that I mean, tricks with regular cards just with the Mind Power Deck. Also, where are places for a cheap price that I can get it?

Thanks,
Alex
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
No, you can't. The cards are gaffed
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Oh. Than how does Gazzo use the same deck the entire time, then does this trick, then some more. How could he do that? Also, where's the cheapest place I could buy it?

Alex
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Dunno. Gazzo must be amazing.

You can buy it directly from John Kennedy's site. Try Googling his name and the word Magic.

- entity
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Where did you see that? Cause you can't even show the backs of the cards. Don't think this can be done!!!
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
The Houdini Jester, just be creative in your thinking and you could easily see how anybody uses their trick decks for other card tricks. Just one simple move could accomplish this
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
True true... there's a move called "switch" Smile
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Rick, if you can't see the backs than how is it his effect goes like this? Spreads the deck face up. Someone comes up and looks at one card. He then closes the fan, looks at the deck (backs showwing) pulls out one card puts it face down on the table. The person announces their card. Gazzo flips the face down card, it's that card. Smile
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
That sounds like a totally different effect.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2005-07-06 12:30, the_houdini_jester wrote:
Rick, if you can't see the backs than how is it his effect goes like this? Spreads the deck face up. Someone comes up and looks at one card. He then closes the fan, looks at the deck(backs showwing) pulls out one card puts it face down on the table. The person announces their card. Gazzo flips the face down card, it's that card. Smile

Oh god... I mean, I know how the deck works, looks like and which things you just CAN'T do. If you don't believe then buy the deck and see for yourself, BUT YOU CAN'T SHOW THE BACKS!!!Anyone else here who has the deck and can help me?! If you have Derren Browns Devil's Picturebook video then you can see what I mean (his effect "Smoke" uses this deck).
Sincerely
Rick

p.s.: Maybe Gazzo used Osterlind's brilliant Radar Deck or Docc Hilford's Cassandra Deck
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
You can show the backs of the cards.

But I do believe that Gazzo must be using a different deck. If the effect has been described accuratly, then it is not the Mind Power deck.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
First of all, the trick you describe is not John Kennedys mind power deck. Secondly, the original mind power deck does not have ordinary bycycle backs, it has Two suns with faces on the back. Finally, there are now bicycle backs available for this deck.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
I made a BIG mistake... you can show the backs, Steve is right (got confused with the methods)!! Sorry folks. But you can't let the cards be examined by the spectators.
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Gazzo does not use the Mind Power deck. He uses the standard method for this effect thatwe all used for years, which entails possible use of "outs".
Those who throw in the "Switch" as mentioned earlier, would be please to know that the Mind Power deck is now made with Bicycle backs.
I have used the original Mind Power deck for years and I am sure if you asked the spectator(s) 5 minutes after the effect what kind of backs were on the cards, they couldn't tell you - nor would it have mattered to them.
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Rick, I was kind of thinking you were wrong the entire time. The reason is, why would it have "Bicycle Backs", if you're not supposed to see the backs? But Gazzo told one of his good friends, who is my really good friend, that it is a regular deck.

Alex
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2005-07-06 21:58, the_houdini_jester wrote:
Rick, I was kind of thinking you were wrong the entire time. The reason is, why would it have "Bicycle Backs", if you're not supposed to see the backs? But Gazzo told one of his good friends, who is my really good friend, that it is a regular deck.

Alex

ok Smile so, no MPD
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

What's MPD?

Are there any other card tricks that you can do with the Mind Power Deck? I mean other than the mindreading trick?

Alex
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Alex: You were the one in the beginning that said that Gazzo was using the Mind Power Deck (MPD).

Rick was just trying to answer your questions. His answer was correct, by the way. Up until very recently the backs of the MPD looked odd, and so you couldn't really show the backs if you were using another style of deck for the rest of your effects.

There IS a way to make it appear that the backs were seen to match your regular pack, but that is another topic. Recently the MPD was put out in Bicycle backs, which has been mentioned, so that is a problem solved.

The MPD is designed specifically for a mind-reading trick. You could use your own imagination though, and turn it into something more, as Derren Brown did with his effect called SMOKE. Let us know what YOU come up with.

- entity
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

I thought Gazzo used one. I just learned that he dosen't, after I started this topic.

Alex
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
Just saw Gazzo perform Saturday night. He did the same effect Alex is asking about. No MPD. Just a regular pack and a performer who knows how to entertain his audience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Power Deck Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL