The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson Center Tear? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Does anyone here know, by any chance, the best place to find Barrie Richardson's legendary instant-read center tear? It comes highly recommended by many, but I don't see any mention of it in reviews of Theater of the Mind (except the Post-It tear) though it might still be in there. Or was it in some of his lecture notes..? I appreciate the help.

Seth
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
From memory, the only tear in Theater of the Mind is the post it tear. It's pretty good, but I'm not sure if I would call it "instant read".
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I would say it could possibly be in Act Two, but from the looks of the contents it wont be. So I would also like to know (if anybody does know) where this can be found.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2853 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Barrie has a great center tear in his notes with a post-it. It is IR and "lightning fast." I think these notes (C & D) are on the CD being offered. And I can't wait to see what is in the new book for which I just recieved UPS tracking info!

A long time ago, I decided to master a tear for all occasions. When I realized no single tear covered all possible available or offered materials, I learned Barries for post-it notes, Busch's for index cards, one for business cards and finally, one for any kind of paper. At first I didn't like the idea of mastering so many tears as I feared confusion, but once I separated them by type of materials and focused on one tear per material everything fell into place.
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Mr Richardsons tear in "Theatre of the Mind" is with a post-it, but he does it with a business card aswell using the same MO, You may also want to take a look at "Marlo without Tears", he has an almost identacal MO for one of the two CT's he presents there, not sure who got into print first (?)

Dave
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
*argh* hate talking bout CTs ord peeks. So many laymen just read those kind of posts and come up with ideas how we accomplish several feats
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I noticed in his notes "6 Powerful Routines" he has a "Business Card Center Tear", not sure if its the same though.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Hey, many thanks, guys -- I appreciate the input. I'll follow up on these sources. I'm certain this coveted tear exists somewhere. Perhaps, when I've purifed myself, and am truly ready, it will appear. Smile

Thanks again,

Seth
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Seth Speaks: I believe what you are seeking is in barry's lecture notes called "Concepts and Deceptions". I happen to have a copy idf you would want me to confirm it is indeed what you seek.

Please PM if necessary, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Nicodemus, thanks! I PMed you.

Seth
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
It is also in Act Two
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-08 15:52, david_a_whitehead wrote:
It is also in Act Two

I believe David means "The Business Card Center Tear" on pg. 251.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson Center Tear? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL