The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pet Parrot as justification for tearing Center (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
"Ma'am, do you have a pet? No...Well, let's say you do have a pet..uh..a parrot. What would you name him? Let's say you name him after the most influential person in your life....It would be say, Mr...or Mrs....Peabody, Wilson, Tapscott...whatever the name is...Mr. or Mrs....write that down...good..fold it. Now, you feel -- or felt -- quite strongly about this person...Did you feel sometimes oppressed by him or her?...In fact, did you feel caged?...like a caged bird?..Perhaps like a parrot...Pretend you REALLY DO have a parrot... He needs fresh shavings for the bottom of his...his... [REACH FOR HER HAND WITH THE TORN PIECES. OPEN YOUR EYES. DROP THE PIECES IN.] He needs paper shavings for his cage. Here take them." [CONTINUE WITH A COLD READING.]
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Umm.. That would be a good idea but IMHO you seem to be putting a bit to much attention on the paper.

I hope I am not stealing anyone's idea here (atually I believe it may belong to John Riggs) but here is what I do. As I begin the routine I have the person think of a special person. As I begin the tear I tell them "NOT to think of a picture but the word they wrote down". "Imagine that each letter was written on it's own individual piece of paper and that you are mixing the pieces inside your fist". Now imagine that you open your hand and see one piece (or letter) staring up at you". "Concentrate on that one letter first. Now go into the Banacheck Psychological Subt. routine to guess the letter and finish the rest of the routine..

Just a thought
Shaun R.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Bill Goldman has a great justification for tearing up the paper
in the bonus section at the end of his Bar and Grill collection.
One of the best I have ever encountered.
-Woodfield
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pet Parrot as justification for tearing Center (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL