The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
HI Guys,

Since I worked as an IT Admin for several years the answer is simple. Recording to my diagonsis tools at first glance the website is acessable throuth US-providers only. Maybe some users with AOL Accoutns around the world could also have access, try it. I guess either they do some work on the page, but then ususally the whole site would be offline for a while.

So maybe Richard for some reason just don't want to be contacted by the rest of the world.

Hope it will be online for all again soon.
I've send him a mail asking him what happened.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
OK, this is very strange, because from Switzerland I have no problem reaching the website. (Just linked on the url in the first post)

I wonder if some Internet Service Providers use some "Web content screening" software, in which unfortunately Richard's website has been listed as "bad" (i.e contains viruses, etc:).

Just a thought.

Sincerely, Matt
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
Yikes!! and I thought I had problems with my ISP .... Smile
Any idea when it will be up Jim?
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

It obviously is also limited to special ISP. A friend of mine here in Austria has AOL and can reach the website. Very strange.

I just hope that good spirits of internet will release it to worldwide access soon.

BTW regarding the bad news we heared from London today I want to send all the best wishes and my deepest regret to all people in UK and especially in London.

Greetings
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2167 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Iraq pirate satellite connection down also....

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
We're back on the air in Norway
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
Just saw this thread and got in OK from UK but I use AOL.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Now it works again. Got a mail that there had been some technical problems with some connection points.

Regards
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
There was a glitch in the server that hosts the Osterlind Mysteries site that has now, hopefully, been resolved. Everyone should now be able to access the site without any difficulty.

It was a technical problem - nothing more, nothing less - and it certainly has nothing to do with Richard not wanting to be "contacted by the rest of the world" or our website being listed as "bad," or any other silliness.

Carry on...
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Thanks Jim,

Glad that the site is on again. It was funny how many rumors and fals messages can be caused by such a technical problem.
But it also shows how many people appreciate Richards wonderful site as I do.

Greetings
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
Works for me now ... thanks!
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Guess I'm fortunate, as I've never had a problem accessing Richard's site. I'm from Ontario. Hope the rest of the world is getting in OK now.

Regards

R J
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-07-06 16:27, Scott Xavier wrote:
Why comparative shop?

When you purchase online, at least support the artists! Other wise go to a magicshop and keep them alive. Sorry for the ramble.

Scott...Richard and company supply internet suppliers with their product. Buy from a web page and you ARE supporting the artists, after all they have already been paid for their products.

Why pay premium money for a product, if one can get the same thing, for a lower retail cost; keeping in mind that the price paid to supplier per unit is lower than the retail price.

Or are you suggesting that Osterlind, Becker, Earle,Maven, et al.,pull their products off of the internet in general and confine their sales to their own web sites?

Brick and morter stores? Here in the UK I'd have to travel over a hundred miles to a decent shop in London, as opposed to making a purchase over the internet; I save even a few more pounds (£) if I purhase from an American site, given the usual $$/££ conversion.

Now before anyone says anything, I've bought Osterlinds' ETMMM DVD from his site, and even with the import fee tacked on it, I saved more than enough money than I would had I bought it "locally" either over the counter, or via UK /Europe internet.

Again, I do support the performers by buying their books/DVDs via the internet, from reputible suppliers.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind Website (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL