The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I'm seriously considering ordering Derren's book Pure Effect. I was wondering would it be worth getting the video The Devils Picture Book or is all the effects in the video in the book?
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
All of the effects in Pure Effect are not in Devil's Picturebook and visa-versa. Both excellent purchases IMO if card mentalism and card magic is your thing.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Thank you
dog
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of dog
I'm glad I have both, well worth it.
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
Quote:
On 2005-07-06 17:59, scott b. wrote:
All of the effects in Pure Effect are not in Devil's Picturebook and visa-versa. Both excellent purchases IMO if card mentalism and card magic is your thing.

That is actually incorrect, he demonstrates forcing a card and performs his three stage card location on the video which IS in pure effect.
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Mesa, I think you misunderstood that sentence

it is an inclusive one, meaning there is some overlap between the two, but there are also effects unique to each.

/Bamba
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-07 04:25, Mesaboogie wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-07-06 17:59, scott b. wrote:

That is actually incorrect, he demonstrates forcing a card and performs his three stage card location on the video which IS in pure effect.

My bad on the phrase Mesaboogie. What I had meant by that was that their are several different effects in both. You have effects in Pure Effect that are not in Devil's picturebook and Vise-Versa. Bambaladam got the feel of it.

Thanks Much,

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
davybabybrazil
View Profile
Regular user
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
169 Posts

Profile of davybabybrazil
Both Pure Effect and Absolute Magic are truly excellent and inspiring
It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth if you know that if you were in his situation you would be lying.
spiritx2005
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of spiritx2005
Yes, both are worthy of your cash. Personally I was surprised at just how entertaining it is to watch Derrens' card work, even if you're not going to study it it's still a great watch.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will
be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein ...
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
743 Posts

Profile of Roki
If you are going to get one , I would get the video . There is so much about the delivery and the reactions of the participants that is worth seeing .
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
Can anyone direct me to a source for The Devil's Picturebook?

Thanks
The Count of Three
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of The Count of Three
Quote:
On 2005-07-07 18:11, benrl wrote:
Can anyone direct me to a source for The Devil's Picturebook?

It's only available new from Derren himself.

http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk

(Go to Products, and then into the password-protected Magicians area.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL