The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Anyone Use The Sterlini Coin Pail? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey Guys,

Anyone use the Sterlini coin pail? Any reviews on this?

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
MUM Magazine
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
It's a nice looking pail but it's quite pricey for me. I just use a regular champagne bucket for my miser's dream routine or if it's for kid's shows, a beach bucket.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Okay, here's my take on this. Customer service was excellent on this purchase. I received several phone calls from John Sterlini himself telling me when the pail would be available (it was within 1 or 2 days). He then called to notify when they shipped.

The pail I received looks much better than the pail in the picture on the website (the one on the website has what appears to be a very visible bead down the side - the one I received was flawless). The bucket looks like a small champagne bucket with small lion motifs on either side where small brackets are attached (accurately depicted on the webpage). The bucket itself is lightweight (important if you're hauling around stage for a few minutes). The sound of the coins landing in the bucket is loud and bright.

The dropper gimmick is attached to the inside of the pail and works smoothly, delivering a single coin at a time. It is a simple design (Kellar type) and holds around 15 walking liberty half dollars. It would probably hold more palming coins if I had them. The advantage of this design is that the bucket can remain upright in a stand or on your table (as opposed to laying on its side to fascilitate getting a loose stack of coins ready). The disadvantage is that some of the "reloading" moves are not possible with this type of pail (e.g. jerking the pail upward and catching a load of coins in the waiting left fingers to allow more coins to be produced). I knew what design I was buying so I'm not disappointed.

I'm happy with this purchase. Seems like a fair price for the quality. I'm curious to see how this will hold up over time - I will be using it fairly often so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Doug,

Thanks for the review my friend...very much appreciated!

Cody S. Fisher
MUM Magazine
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I bought a spitoon looking pail that's very practical for close up at Restoration Hardware on sale for 7 bucks regularly 30. It looks great and works like a charm.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
For close-up or bar settings I would recommend using a standard pail (or even a coffee tin) along with standard sleight-of-hand techniques. A coin dump could be used to load the left hand in the can. And yes it would be cheap. I literally went back and forth on my ungimmicked can and the Sterlini pail for about an hour yesterday. The Sterlini pail works for my routine needs at this moment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Anyone Use The Sterlini Coin Pail? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL