The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » London Bombed Again (Our hearts go out to the victims) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
I beleive that murder is wrong in ALL religions,now we get to the gritty bit,if you kill some one during wartime you are called a hero,if you kill someone in peacetime you are a murderer,,same crime ,its all because of religion and politics,they say you should never mix them,,,during the second world war the same religious leaders on both sides britain and germany were blessing the weapons to kill each other,all done in support of the leaders of their own country,hypocrisy,i can only give an opinion on christianity,we have one bible,many translations,also many different break away groups,they didn,t agree with the existing churches so new ones were formed,the old testament in exodus has 10 commandments ,one of them SAYS do not have no graven images before me and yet the roman catholic church (one of the oldest of christian churches) has graven images in all their churhes,IF christianity is the true religion ,then the bible AND the religious organisation SHOULD SAY THE SAME THING,and not leave out bits that are not liked,and other bits that are not there put in,there are lots of different religions around the world,christianity,muslims confuscionism,budhism,hindu,etc,depending where you are born supports which religion you follow,they can,t all be right,so which is the right one?the one that is true,which one is true? that is what we have to find out for ourselves,mike
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Quote:
On 2005-07-14 17:43, mike paris wrote:
I beleive that murder is wrong in ALL religions,now we get to the gritty bit,if you kill some one during wartime you are called a hero,if you kill someone in peacetime you are a murderer,,same crime

exactly, but during wartime it's not a crime. Your defending your country and millions of people. If a few need to be takin' out so your freinds, family, and everyone else it's not a crime.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-07-14 17:53, blazes816 wrote:

exactly, but during wartime it's not a crime. Your defending your country and millions of people. If a few need to be takin' out so your freinds, family, and everyone else it's not a crime.

We has seen the enemy and he be us.

Pogo
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Payne ,you are soooo right,,,,if we are told to go to war against them,and they are told to go to war against us,both sides are wrong,most times its politics or religion that is the cause,,,,,,,,,,blaze it,s the governments who declare war,and they are the ones that make the laws,the laws that are made,are made for the people of the country to follow,not the rulers
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
It is the governments that declare war. And they do it to save you and me and everybody else. What country are you from?
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Governments declare wars for many reasons, rarely the ones publically stated. Conquest, business, oil, gold, security, power over the other's resources, etc.

It is extremely rare that religion or any abstract reason is the cause of a war. It is often used as the public reason, but usually there are concrete objectives that have to do with the monetary interests of the parties involved--the Crusades are a good example of this.

Oil is the real motivator in the Middle East. The war in Iraq was and is about oil, and maintaining our control over that resource. Paul Wolfewitz said it best when he said that the main reason we wanted to take over Iraq is to have a new set of bases for our troops that would enable us to leave Saudi Arabia and take pressure off the Saudi princes--pressure that came from bin Laden and other militants who wanted infidel soldiers "out of the holy land" of Arabia. He said that weapons of mass destruction was just a better reason to give the American people.
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Blaze,i agree that our government protects us and there are some bad leaders around the world who will not talk,our past wars have shown that,and that uk and the usa will only resort to war as a last option,i,m english and lived in london for most of my life,mike
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
I agree whit,
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I now belive that the London "suicide bombers" were not aware that the backpacks they were issued with were full of explosive.
From the basic background information it would seem that they were tricked into the position intended by others.
The normal procedure used by muslim suicide bombers is to scream ***** ****** just before they meet god, yet none of the bombers were reported too call this out.
It is my current belief that the "bombers" did not know of the contents of the packs they were asked to deliver.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Partizan ..and if you believe that you will believe anything. Have you seen the size of the backpacks on the cctv pictures? If someone loaded you up with one that size wouldn't you ask what the heck was in it?

Howard
darkleopard5
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of darkleopard5
Has anyone noticed this, all the bombers accused of the tradegy are british but the police some how always say he was a pakistani orgin, well what does that matter! if he is british he is british, no one really cares if the guys great great great great grandfater was pakistani. well my opinion is that theres someone out there whos trying to make pakistanis and the religon of islam look bad. I have a friend whos pakistani and he is muslim, and he is very kind and everything. and for a fact I know that islam is a very peacheful religon. all those guys (suicude bombers) I think have been motivated by people who think islam is a religon that means to kill, nonmuslims, I know that it is not.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Yea the bombers were british. They became british in under 2 years. Before they were british they were somali and pakistani. You can become british with little trouble nowadays. We will take anyone and let them become british. They don't even need to know the national anthem or who rules the country.

Lets take a step back and look at the world. Lets note that wherever islam is conflict lives. Look at Africa, Look at the middle east, look at india and asia, look at eastern europe. In all of these places islam is the root of conflict.

Note that Milosevic is now a demon for trying to rid his country of islam. Also note that the USA supported muslims in this conflict.
- Mark Twain
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
At least the IRA have..as I type..just declared to surrender all arms and end military operations..One less group to worry about ..those in the USA who supported them will have to donate their money elsewhere to some other worthy cause!

Howard
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It was worthy to let Catholics vote was it not?.Before 1969 it was a Protestant parliment for a Protestant people.Succesive British Governments just made the I.R.A stronger by feeding injustice.Why do Americans celebrate July 4th?
Independence from the British!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
British Independence from the British is more like it.
- Mark Twain
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Exactly ..the indigenous population (American Indians)were killed off!

Howard
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
It's just now coming out that, in June, the US had caught Haroon Rashid Aswat in South Africa. Unfortunately, the UK wouldn't let the US take him into custody, as Aswat was a British citizen. Since the bombings, they've apparently changed their stance on his capture, and they caught up with Aswat in Zambia.

Details: U.S. had sought to seize man linked to July 7 bombings
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2005-07-29 04:42, hkwiles wrote:
Exactly ..the indigenous population (American Indians)were killed off!

Howard

Not every Indian tribe attacked the settlers, but almost no Indian tribes would ever speak out against attacking the settlers.

Muslims are having a similar problem right now to that of the American Indians. This same sort of impotency is affecting them. Note that shortly after the 7/7 London bombings, British Muslim organizations put together a march to protest the characterization of Muslims as violent. There wasn't anything in the march or their information condemning the bombers or offering sympathy to the victims.

Radical Islam may take mainstream Islam down with it if it's not careful.
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
The 4 bombers from the second attack have been caught,lets hope that this is the end of the attacks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » London Bombed Again (Our hearts go out to the victims) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL