The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts and Prayers for UK Mentalists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
In light of this morning's horrific news from London, I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to UK mentalists and their families/friends for their safety and well-being.

Together we will stand strong against those who seek to defeat us.

Bob Baker
New York
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
Thankyou for your words
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Thanks, Bob,
My wife works in the City, in London. Don't think she'll be home tonight.
Scary stuff.
Best wishes,
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Lior
Bob, Ken Weber and I just visited London.
We hope you are all well

Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I'm sure that, upon hearing of this senseless bombing in London today, all of our thoughts on this side of the pond turned to those we know or have corresponded with in the London area. I hope that they were not harmed, and I send my best wishes and my deep concerns for their safety.

Random civilliam bombings serve NO purpose apart from killing innocent people. Despicable!

- entity
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
I walked past two of the bomb locations minutes after it happened and it was pretty horrific scenes. Our thoughts go to all the families of the dead and injured.
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
743 Posts

Profile of Roki
Thankyou Bob , your thoughts are much appreciated as is the freindship of your countrymen.

I live in Kings Cross and work in Euston. I was due to visit my bank in Tavistock Square today , where the bus exploded . I had been taking calls from concerned freinds , family and clients all morning . I was safe at home and was mainly concerned for people I know in the area . The mobile networks were too busy .
The husband of a freind was on one of the attacked trains . He said most people were calm even when the smoke began to come in and they gently discouraged those that wanted to break open the windows as there was more smoke outside . They waited for the transport police to lead them out .

I think I was in shock actually because I felt quite emotional when Tony Blair made his announcement from G8 with George Bush standing resolutely behind him.

The reports are that the emergency services have responded very well and the scale of this is managable . The horrendous scale of your own cities suffering is brought to mind and the spirit of those New Yorkers involved will always be an inspiration.

Anyway , have to go , . My thoughts too go out to anyone affected by this from near or far .

With gratitude

Dean H.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Having spent many years in the UK, my thoughts and prays go with the people of the UK!

http://www.alighthouse.com/candle.php

a nice sight to light a candle for those in the UK
Viano
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Viano
Our heart felt sympathies go out to the victims of this latest atrocity. Unfortunately, whether we live in Indonesia, Madrid, London, or New York City, we are all involved in the war on terrorism. They want to destroy our way of life. UBL said they will first destroy our economies.

We must stop now to mourn the dead. But then we must resist the temptation to trade our freedoms for security. We must continue to travel freely and enjoy our freedoms on a daily basis. If we run and hide, they win. It will not end quickly, but we will prevail.

Rich

Rich
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6468 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I was in New York for 911 and I know how this feels. Take care of yourselves, but as others have said, don't let this hinder your freedom.
I wish you all well in this morbid time... don't let them win... stay strong.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
My thopughts and prayers are with all our friends in the UK. Stand firm and don't ever forget this attack on your country.

All the best,
John Smetana
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
I would like to express concern regarding ALL civilian attacks. I have friends and family who live and work in London - my thoughts are with them, and with the families that WE attack daily in the Middle East.

Tom.

This thread is entering the political...
Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
I'd like to extend my thoughts and prayers to all affected by this tragedy.

I travel in and through London frequently ... I wont let this affect any of my travel plans. The British are a strong bunch and I know they wont allow themselves to be bullied.
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
All the best to the brave people of London... blessings on you.

You were able to end the IRA campaign of terror, now to defeat the al-Muhajiroun.You will win.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I echo Toms sentiment.

And I'm not as sure as some just who is doing the terrorising.

Corona.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Thanks Gentlemen,

Horrendous, but, as always, could be much worse. My thanks go to the emergency services, who responded so quickly.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
I also want to add my deepest regret to all the people. I also just can shake my head to all this senseless attacks wolrdwide.

Best wishes to all in UK.

Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
My thoughts and prayers to all the affected.
I wish you all the best.

Sven
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
968 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
German television is reporting since 12 a.m. (or even earlier). Since half of my family (not me) are muslims (normal muslims, who accept and respect other religions) I hope the hate against those fanatic kind of people doesn't go against my family or other muslims. My condolences to all who lost relatives or friends. Stay strong!
Rick
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
My condolences to all who lost loved ones or friends in this senseless bombing. Actually, it only remains senseless so long as we don't allow the intended consequences that the terrorists intended (and hope) will occur. Stay strong. And knowing the Brits' strength of character and resolve (remember the Battle of Britain and the London Blitz of WWII?), I feel very confident that the terrorists action of today will be like pi**ing in the wind and, if anything, will have the oppposite of their intended effect and will merely strengthen the resolve of the Brits even more.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts and Prayers for UK Mentalists (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL