The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson Act 2 review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
From Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind: http://www.jheff.com/Act_Two.html
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
I really enjoyed TOTM so this is a no brainer. However, looks like I'll have to get it shipped unless anyone knows if there is a UK distributer yet.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
It's featured on the Alakazam site:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Yes we have Act II in stock now!

Regards

Peter Nardi

http://www.alakazam.co.uk
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
It's very good. Buy it!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-09 19:18, Scott Xavier wrote:
It's very good. Buy it!

I would say a book this good (and by Barrie none the less!) I would jokingly say DO NOT BUY IT! But whether your a mentalist or magician BUY THIS BOOK! (As Scott says). Even if to just learn about the gentlemen that is Barrie Richardson! (Which Is what I think I loved about the book this far).

Book of the Year this far - EASILY!

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Hi Scott,

I wouldn't say that. Right now it's tied for the Book of the Year. Remember, that Max Maven's Prism and Barry Wiley's The Indescribable Phenomenon came out this year, too (all from Hermetic Press). But that doesn't make this book any less worthy, it just means that so far it's been a good year for mentalism books.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-10 11:19, Jheff wrote:
Hi Scott,

I wouldn't say that. Right now it's tied for the Book of the Year. Remember, that Max Maven's Prism and Barry Wiley's The Indescribable Phenomenon came out this year, too (all from Hermetic Press). But that doesn't make this book any less worthy, it just means that so far it's been a good year for mentalism books.

-- Jheff

I wouldnt really consider Prism the book of the year considering its a color series reprint (besides the drawings), so to me it woudl still be the books of the time when they came out (197?). And have yet to read the Indescribable Phenomenon. So in my eyes definetely book of the year thus far.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I received my copy of Act Two today, and I've published my initial impressions over at Grey Matters.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Another quality book from Barrie Richardson and Hermetic Press. It really is a joy to own a book such as this.

I have only just dipped into it after receiving it this morning, but I've already eyed "Untouched" and the rice-jar suspension as fantastic routines.

A must-have.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Which dealer has the best price on this (including shipping to the US).
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Your best bet would probably be Hocus-Pocus or Hermetic Press.
Thanks! Scott B.

kidabra
View Profile
New user
Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of kidabra
I think madhatter magic is having a sales price.

I am still awaiting my copy. Looking forward to it.
Heard nothing but good stuff for this book.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
I am about 3/4 through it and can say that two routines already stand out as "worth the price of admission" for me....

The Lazy magi CAAN and the Simplex Mindreading Act are fantastic...

I could name more, but buy it and read it through just for the enjoyment first. Then go back and really study how great YOUR OWN favorites are.

Awesome read.

Paul h.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-19 20:54, Paul h. wrote:
I could name more, but buy it and read it through just for the enjoyment first. Then go back and really study how great YOUR OWN favorites are.

I'd say after a few run throughs I do like The incredible human calculator and his Double-Sided Peek Box the most out of the book.

His essay "The Janie Test" was pleasant aswell.
Thanks! Scott B.

Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Got my copy today, and will read it for the next days foreward. Can you tell that I am exited? Of course you can, you are all mentalists...
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
A question: Two effects are being independently marketed by jbmagic (https://vault2.secured-url.com/jbtv/home.asp) and possibly by others: optical brainwave and any card at any number. Are these effects included in ACT II? Are they heavy on the gaffing and so worth buying separately?

I am asking because I clearly want ACT II, but wonder whether anyone in their right mind should buy the individual marketed effects.

many thanks,

Loz
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
The any card at any number is not the same as in Act Two, The Optical Brainwave is though.
Thanks! Scott B.

Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Ahhh. thanks Scott B. Any info on the ACAAN? another Café thread perhaps?
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 19:31, Loz wrote:
Ahhh. thanks Scott B. Any info on the ACAAN? another Café thread perhaps?

I believe the Impromptu Any Card at Any number for sale is in his Lecture notes (and his cd-rom). There is an any card at any number routine in Act Two though.
Thanks! Scott B.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson Act 2 review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL