The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » How do you handle people talking over your microphone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
I think I'll leave the system for now, but it's defintely one I can keep in mind. This post was meant more of a general way you as a magician stops this from occuring.

Evan
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
I have never been in that situation myself, and the only time I saw another magician in that situation was when I went to see a friend do a show.

His problem was that it was at a pizza place, no advertising for the show, no special lighting, and no PA.

I would say that 75% of the people in there did not even know he was doing a show.

It hurt me to watch that.

Stay out of that kind of situation is all I can say.
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I spent years in broadcasting, so I am able to work on audio circuits. I built two high quality speakers that can handle power and they are not so big, about 17" x 11". Between the two, I can crank them with a 100 watt amp. The basic speakers, commercial quality, I bought from MCM Electronics and built into cabinets. The amp is a 100 watt PA Amp. I built it into a "crate" sort of like a strawberry crate. The amp and a mixer/EQ are down below. Up above is an open compartment that I use to carry cords, my wireless receiver, mics, etc. I have been in some pretty big halls, and this does the job. Note, one of the best things you can do, if you have not already, is to get the speakers up in the air. I built stands, about 4-5FT tall, that keep them up. It helps greatly. Anyway, this really does not take much room, especially not the speakers, but the amp is heavy.
Quack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » How do you handle people talking over your microphone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL