The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins and cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

novice
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of novice
Hi!
I am new here(i am a beginer), and I will like to ask you what should I buy, which DVD or book:
-for coin magic (i heard that bobos modern coin magic is a very good book)
-for card magic (i already have DVD How to do street magic, Crash 1 and 2, and a book Royal road to card magic and I am attempting to buy a book Strong magic and a DVD called Kard klub)

I will be happy of any help:)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Please have a good read of the Café beginners section.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
On the top of the "New to magic?" category read "Magic books & Videos for beginners". Good choices here.

On top of the "Show me the money" category read " Magic books and Videos for beginners".

Coins: From what I've seen here at the Café' J.B. Bobo's "Modern Coin Magic". I agree.

Cards: Most recommended.
The Royal Road To Card Magic by Hugard & Braue.

When bought together from Amazon they're advertised for $19.51 for both.

Good luck,
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Step 1:
Remove How to do street magic, Crash 1 and 2, from their case and give them a new purpose in life, Frisbee.

Step 2:
Proceed in buying Bobo's Modern Coin magic so that your Royal Road to Card Magic has a temperate soul mate.

Step 3:
Invest much time in the reading of both of these bibles of Magic and enjoy the moments of learned practise.

Seriously, at first both these books are all you need to get a feel for our enchanting art and to decide if it's for you or not.

Best, Adam
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-07-10 06:11, Adam Keisner wrote:
Step 1:
Remove How to do street magic, Crash 1 and 2, from their case and give them a new purpose in life, Frisbee.

I second that comment.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
THE VERY BEST WAY IS TO FIND A GOOD MAGIC TEACHER WHO WILL GUIDE YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION......... ,,, I HAD A VERY GOOD TEACHER WHEN I WAS YOUG HIS NAME WAS BRUCE ELLIOT,, I also learned from other magician and form what I picked up on the streets of New york City
vimny,,,,,,,
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins and cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL