The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Sweet and Sour Suggestion » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
Im not trying to beat a dead horse here or complain ... this is an honest suggestion for Sweet and Sour should you be considering its return to the Café:

Make it a Magic Dealer rating system (0 to 10 or whatever) with no comments allowed. This might address the issues the Café had with the old Sweet and Sour forum. I was thinking of just a series of categories to rate a vendor like:

Delivery Time
Shipment Quality
Responsiveness to inquiries
Overall Rating
etc.

Just some thoughts ... thanks for listening!
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
The only problem with that is, selling magic is a somewhat cut-throat business. There are numerous, honest reputable dealers out there and nearly as many of the unsavory type. The unsavory types would give bad reviews to the reputable dealers in attempts to make themselves more attractive. It has happened before and it's happened here on the Café. If you want an honest evaluation of a reputable dealer you should:
1. Ask someone you know or that has been in the magic business for some time
2. Ask someone here whose opinion you have learned to trust. Ask someone who has been a contributing member for at least 18 months. (They have seen the good and the bad and have likely researched it enough to give you an honest straightforward opinion.
3. Check the Café's advertisers (it helps this place stay online)
4. You can even ask me if you'd like Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
Good points ... in the end I guess the best rating systems are those like http://www.resellerratings.com that make you supply an invoice number and actually make sure that you made a purchase before letting you rate. I'm sure this is far outside the scope of anything the Café would want to get involved in though, so maybe there is no good answer ....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Sweet and Sour Suggestion » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL