The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Lost posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Hi
I just noticed that the number of my posts just went down from about 1800 to 1200
What happened here?

Sven
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
That happened to me. I had 70-some posts then I had 40-some........got kicked from the banquet room.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5168 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sven, post counts go down when a post is deleted Many times is not from anything you did wrong but because of a violation by another member that had to be deleted making yours meaningless.

In any event, you would not have had over 600 posts deleted. The staff wouldn't have time to do that even if every posts was a problem. I have no way to reference what posts you feel have been deleted but post count after 50 really doesn't matter except to show you are posting regularly.

Blazes, many times a multitude of posts are deleted during the first 50 post period because they don't contribute to the topic or the Café. One word or one sentence replies are usually deleted. This is so we can get to know the new member and try to weed out those that might be undesireable. Occassionally this results in the member losing Banquest room priviledges for a short time.
Where the magic begins
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Yea I assumed something like that happened. But it's fine I don't care beacuse I assume there was no tech. mistake, and I am fully responsible.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
You will have noticed post counts going down because I have been "cleaning" the Café. This is basically combining what we call back to back posts. If you look in the rules you will see that we ask you not to do this for this very reason. We combine them to save on bandwidth and to also make it easier for us to check back to backs. If this is a habit of yours you may possibily loose a few hundred posts. In any event as Dave has said it does not affect any standing that you have at the Café unless you have less then 50 or only 50 posts. Your next question may possibily be why was I not informed, again if you check the rules we state that you will not be as this takes up way too much time and with as many posts as we have on the board there is no way we can accomplish this. If you have any other questions please pm me and I will be glad to discuss this with you further.

Thank you
Mya
Asst Manager
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Lost posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL