The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Entity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
...And there is a typo in "typo's" (no apostrophe).

(See, Larry. I can be more pedantic than you!)
Gary B
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2005-07-29 00:11, hypnoman1 wrote:
Cant believe no one has posted a review yet!!

Get used to it. This is how it is everytime Peter releases a product. You will also have those who purchase it because they like the demo and then for whatever reason want to talk about the "bad" method.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
To be fair, Sean did post his thoughts on the effect after speaking with Peter. Although no one has actually reviewed this after performing it though.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi Guys, I think the reason no one has posted a review is because most people haven't recieved it yet. Most of the people who have recieved this so far are in Canada, since shipping with in Canada takes the least amount of time. For instance on page 5 of this thread Café member Bekralik from Toronto already said he got his. But that's not an invitation to bug him or flood him with pms. In the comming days more and more of our customers will recieve the unit.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
cardcltr
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of cardcltr
I can remember not too long ago when Peter came out with the Relic Of The Revenent. The discussion on that prop seemed to go on forever both pro and con but me being me, I had to see it for myself. I ordered it and when it came, I realized that I had a very unusual effect. After learning how to use it, I performed it for IBM ring 326, The Blackstone ring. This ring consists of mostly professional magicians. When I performed the first effect of the moving pen, I could literaly hear a collective gasp from the members. I knew then that I really had something and have not been dissapointed since.
If the Entity is half as good at one quarter the price of the Relic, then I don't think any of us who ordered it will be disappointed.
Barry Sokolsky
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Any reviews before I buy the Entity?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Negative, everyone is anxiously awaiting the first review.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just watched the demo for the second time and can see something so blatantly obvious Im puzzled noone has brought it up in these 6 pages.

There is a big liability issue here people. That being when people start falling or passing out from seeing this performed.

If this is as good as the demo and ad, this will be something they will talk about long after the performer leaves. Sure wish I had the money right now but I can start saving before the first review.

Come on, post something about this please!
haydini
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of haydini
I'm purchasing mine today-and will have a review up when ever it arrives and I perform it for people. (family reunion the day it will arrive) so after I get some real reactions I will post my honest opinion on this product.

haydini
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
I received mine yesterday. Initial response is I am pleased with my purchase. I will post an actual review after I've had a chance to perform with it.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Finally! Thanks Eric.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos Eric and Haydini.

Fellers, I like the real performance reviews the best, that's what really counts.

Thanks in advance!
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of magicday
I also wish to have a more details review...
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Yeah come on Candini we know you can do better then that! Give us the ins and outs! How did the performance go? Did they try to look for something?
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I'll just chime in and say that we really shouldn't be too hard on the people asking questions about the effect. Its a lot of money to be spent on something you've never actually seen in person - and with all the ad-hype out there lately, I can't fault someone for wanting to make sure this is going to work for them.

My intial impression is that spects are going to go nuts looking for the gimmick and probably start grabbing stuff/diving under the table. If the method can't withstand that type of reaction, I'd want to know before dropping $400.

I'd also like to praise the moderators for NOT stopping this discussion and Peter for keeping his cool. Despite some minor attitude/flaming this was a good read for me.
DanielTyler
View Profile
New user
New York
95 Posts

Profile of DanielTyler
My biggest concern is this... my standard scenario of performance: I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans, say, and I walk into a room I've never been into. Between walking into that room and starting to perform, is there anything that needs to be done that will be blatantly obvious to the people in the room. And the same, in fact, goes for the time between finishing the effect and walking out of the room. Thanks!
- Daniel Tyler

www.tylermagic.com
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
It seems quite simple. Just ask Peter. Explain what your concerens are, then make a decision. You have to remember it's a magic trick. There is going to be a flaw. Otherwise it would not be a trick, but a miracle. If you can except the flaw then buy it. If not don't.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I just wanted to chime in about Peter and his company in general.

So many magic makers and wholesalers sell junk, and never stand behind their products. Peter's approach is entirely different.

I've bugged him a bunch about elevator 1 and 2. Recently a Café member was selling an elevator 2 for 100$ including shipping. that's better than half price so I finally bought one (and NOT from Peter obviously)

After practicing with it for awhile I went out and used in on public city streets with a friend in tow with a video camera. During perhaps my 6th or 7th performance with it I sorta tripped up (literally) I broke or more precisely bent the device
pretty badly...

Desperate I contacted Peter, apologised for not having bought it directly from him but asked for help. Peter acted like he could care less where I bought it, and he is sending me replacement parts to fix it at no cost to me.

That speaks volumes about Peter, his products and his company. This week I am ordering black hole, and as soon as I can scrape together the funds, I will be ordering entity from him.

His products all work as described, and work well. Better still Peter is a person of integrity and stands behind the craftmanship of his products.

I broke my elevator through my own carelessness really, but he still offered to help me fix the problem so I could use it again, and that is simply awesome.

Elevator 2 is simply awesome, and I'm sure entity will find a very important place
in my "bag of tricks".

Steven
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Great to hear, haywire-- living proof that "givers get." Peter went out of his way to help, even though you got his product on the secondary market. Even if he did that selflessly, he helped his business: you are now going to buy new items directly from him and are loyal now.

I wish more businesses would get this concept.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Haywire I would love to see a video of you in action!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Entity (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL