The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Couple of Coin tricks I need help with (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
I'm looking at a couple of coin tricks to buy. I need some help and I have some questions. Okay, I know of "Hopping Half" but I found these two tricks.

http://www.magictricks.com/coins/goldsilver.htm

http://www.magictricks.com/coins/hophaflc.htm

http://www.magictricks.com/coins/21cent.htm

I'm also looking to buy the new Soctch & Soda magnetic kind. Does anyone have this version? Can you hand it out like the orginal version? I know Peter puts out a non gimmick set but I can't do sleights so that is why I am looking at the gimmick. If someone could reply back or PM me and tell me the handlings of these tricks and or reviews that would be great. Thanks in advance...... Smile
§kitch
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
Hopping Halfs - if it is a good set - will last you a long time, as well as being very useful. If I were you, I'd pick that up because of its versatility. The others, in my opinion, are not as useful as the HH, but still useful in there own right.
Get the Johnson set of Hopping Halfs if you want the best.
-Casey
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
If you want the best hopping half get Todd's!

David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
You probably don't want to spend so much on videos, but if you decide to go that route, you might want to consider Roths Ultimate Coin Series. Smile
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
Hey David, Where can I check Todd's HH out? I've never heard of that one. I know Johnson coins, but never heard of Todd. By the way - have you talked with or seen McCarthy lately?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Click to visit:
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Personally, I vote for the 21 cent trick. I like effects in which the method is so bizarre that even if a layperson were to stumble upon the solution, he'd quickly say
"That can't be it, that's crazy"

Thus it is, I submit, with the 21 cent trick. Think about it--who in his right mind would go through the trouble of...doing "all that" to all those little coins, just in order to vanish 16 cents in change?

It's a great secret, because only we know the answer to that question... i.e. not only are there people who would do it, but they do it for a living.

A great secret, but the effect needs focus to make if effective. After all, you could accomplish the same general effect with a TT.

My favorite presentation is in my book,
"Deceptions in Paradise" available from Magic Methods (Jery Mentzer) I used it to floor a room full of scientists (the Skeptics association, no less) Smile

I know Café member Dennis Loomis has worked on this, and Reed McClintock made an entire production piece out of it.

Reed and I are working on mentalism style multiple out effects using it too, but that's a secret.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
shhh.......
We are supposed to be working top secret on this. If the magic comunitee knows about this, they will start thinking along the same lines, and the next thing you know David Blaines friend who exposes all his stuff will end up tipping the 21 cent trick. lol it's a big conspiracy, I saw it on Fox. I think. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Couple of Coin tricks I need help with (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL