The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » It Ain't Sideshow But... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Holy crap! Not a bad investment say's I...arrrrr lad...ya be doin' me proud.
Higley's Doug's Museum
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
This is just a quick reminder to all my bizarre friends, tha my new show, Dark Deceptions: The Seance Experience, will be opening this Saturday. We are doing five performances as part of the NY International Fringe Festival.

As for the show, using Spiritualism trickery, I create the illusion that the dead have returned and walk among the living. In this seventy-five minute performance, I present what sitters in a 19th century séance would have experienced.

A chill will run up and down the spine as the innermost thoughts of audience members are revealed, a spirit message appears on writing slates, tambourines rattle and bells ring as they float through the air, a malevolent poltergeist is exorcised and ghostly apparitions materialize and vanish.

Are you afraid of the dark?

You will be!

Five performances only:
Saturday, Aug. 13th at 5:30 pm
Tuesday, Aug. 16th at 11:15 pm
Thursday, Aug. 18th at 8:45 pm
Saturday, Aug. 20th at 12 noon
Wednesday, Aug. 24th at 11:30 pm.

All performances will be at the Player’s Theatre, 115 MacDougal St. (between Bleeker & W. 3rd St in Greenwich Village). Tickets are only $15 and are available at http://www.fringenyc.org or by calling 212-279-4488. (outside of NY, call 1-888-fringenyc)
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Well I saw Todd’s new show Thursday night. And let me tell ya… WHAT FUN! It was totally different than what I was expecting. When I originally went to purchase the tickets I was thinking that it was going to be a more traditional séance. But then I noticed while ordering online that they had it posted that the theater sat around 250. So I assumed that it would be a spook show.

Well while it was a cross between the two it was truly something unto itself. For those you that know me you know that I’ve been performing séances for a number of years now. Mine, as are most, are played out in a serious setting. Well Todd’s is all comedy. It’s stamped with his delightful brand of humor that’s always worth your time. That’s not to say that it doesn’t have it’s dark moments… because it does. But it’s done as a dichotomy between the serious and the humorous. It plays off of the fact that much of this is frightening but at the same time it’s a bit silly to take it seriously.

But whatever it is to you, you’re bound to have a great time! Why this week alone the likes of Copperfield and David Blaine have been in attendance just to name a couple. So don’t be left out on this one. If you’re in the NYC area then go and check out Todd. He’ll never steer ya wrong!

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)

PS- The last two shows are tonight and Wednesday. They’ve had tickets left at the door but they’ve been selling out before the show so make sure to get there early… or better yet, just order them right away before you go either online or over the phone.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
This HAS to come West!!!!!

HAS to...as in "BETTER *** WELL COME WEST!"
Higley's Doug's Museum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » It Ain't Sideshow But... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL