The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Lots of chicken wire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
I've got lots of chicken wire left over from building a run for my chucks, and am wondering what to do with it.
I'm thinking of making a square circle (I've got far more than I need), but does anyone else have any other ideas or use props made from chicken wire?

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
What a DeKolta type of thing?
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Sword Basket illusion make shape with chicken wire and cover in fiberglass.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Hippity Hop Chickens?

Lyndel
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Great ideas folks. I do love the sword basket illusion, so I might try that.

Lyndel, do you atucally mean to use the live chicken? Or just make a 'run' for plywood chickens to 'hippity hop' in?

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Kevin,

It was a joke. My feeble American attempt at humor apparently didn't translate well without seeing my sly grin and hearing the inflection in my voice. Smile

OK, for my pennance, here are some real ideas for you...

A piece of the wire might be used to pinch rolled up silks behind your table that you'll be producing later on for various needed effects. You'll need to tape it around the edges though to keep any silks from snagging.

What about a walking through chicken wire illusion - like walking through a mirror, but done with chicken wire? Could be some great comedy possibilities here... I envision one wearing a silly chicken costume or hat and doing the illusion to the "Chicken Dance" music.

How about using it to build a small transport cage for your rabbit or doves?

Good luck!

Lyndel
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Thanks Lyndel,

I had assumed it was sarcasm (especially from someone with a Mark Twain signature!), but didn't want to miss out on a good idea by being too stupid to spot it.
The great thing about these forums is I feel no shame in saying "I may be being really stupid but.....".

Crazy thing but I quite like the idea of using it (in part) to create a minature farmyard stage to be able to perform perhaps a whole kids show with magic occuring on this toy farm.
Probably just another pipe dream though!!!!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
Chicken-Wire Straitjacket?
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Lyndel, I thought your Hippity Hop joke was funny. Smile
-Tyler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Lots of chicken wire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL