The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why usernames? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
sacmagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of sacmagic
I remember seeing tots tv a while ago and one of the puppets has a "sac magic" magic bag.Thought it was cool.Plus whats better than a magic bag..."i need a pack of black tiger cards...just a min..ill reach into my magic bag....voilla!"
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Laughing Otter happens to be my middle name.
Promise.
Sounds a lot happier than my plain old first name, which is often misspelled and even more often mispronounced.
Mad Mat
View Profile
New user
Norwich, Norfolk, England
90 Posts

Profile of Mad Mat
Mad Max is one of my favourite films, so I just adapted it...

also on things such as xbox live I would have to be like Mat 3 million or something, even Mad Mat has been taken so I have to add x's
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
I feel many of us use usernames simply because they are fun. It's like dressing up on Halloween. But most of us on this site do eventually take off our masks, and sign our real names at the bottom of our posts.

Besides usernames let us reveal things about us that our given names never could
because we choose them ourselves.

"Cranial Fermentator" originates from the fact that I am a poet (with an usual writing style), and once in an interview with a poetry journal, I used the phrase "cranial fermentaions" to describe my creative processes. I rather enjoy how it sounds like the name of a mock superhero, and like to believe that it is exactly sort of pretentious nom de plume that "the Brain" (from "Pinky and the Brain") would adopt.

Paul
pasharabbit
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of pasharabbit
My username comes from my wife's nick name for me and mine for her. Sinister? I don't think so. If someone writes to me I sign with my real name. Heck this is fun so if people choose fun handles why not? CB radio started this long before the net was popular. Nowadays with Google invading every group and posting around it's better that you don't use a name. As for not writing cr4p you don't want your kid to see, what about a political or religous belief you would rather not share with a future employer or your government. As for identity theft all the John Smiths out there are definitely at risk.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
240 Posts

Profile of galerius
I think that to choose a pseudonym, in my case, has something to do with the taste for disguise, and the fun to become 'another'. Very simple.
Mine is an ancient roman name ( pron. Gah-leh-ree-oos, accent on second syllab ), I always loved ancient Rome and her History, I did like the way that name sounded, so...that's why I'm 'Galerius'.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
10 Years later and now with (mostly) a new crew, what is your dealio?

Mine is my egats eman which consist of my tsrif and elddim eman.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
My name is Tony so my user name is Tony, or some form of it, on every forum I participate on. And anyone can go to my website and see exactly who I am. I find it easier by far to chat to people when I know something about them, and that begins with a name.

There are some who use usernames but who very clearly identify who they are (Master mindreader, for example). I am cool with that. But the deception that many practice by posting anonymously strikes me as silly.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I use the pseudonym Theodore Lawton because it sounds better than my real name, Dwayne Pipe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why usernames? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL