The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Final Destination (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hi,

Does anyone perform this (or something similiar)? I looked and could not find any info on it. This is the routine where 9 cubes are lit up, the audience pics any of them, moves from place to place and ends up with the entire audience on the same cube.

There are a couple of versions on magic auction right now. I am wondering how it plays and anything else anyone would like to share about it. Also, does anyone know if this is exclusive to one company or person, or can I build my own? Don't want to build my own if it's not considered "public domain". Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
My friend has one...and I think it is the one for sale on MagicAuction.com...the black one. It is a very nice illusion. He performed it at one of his shows that I was at, and the audience was talking about it after the show. It is the one trick that they remember.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Not to downplay this effect too much, but I don't know how they can justify the pricetag on it. Yes it may have nice lights and such, but the principle is in pretty much any elemantary mentalism book. If you want to add this to your show, you could easilly come up with your own design that might be more customized and fit it better for your performance.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
RSD,

I am talking about building one because I agree, the price is pretty heafty for what you are getting. Is this considered public domain? I don't want to get my butt in a sling for ripping off someone's work. That's the last thing I want.

Also, do you have a specific book that I can look in? Thanks,

Keith
joshlondon
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of joshlondon
Paraguppie, I would strongly suggest you find plans/book/or video of the illusion if you plan to build it. I am sure it is out there some where. You're right for not "getting your butt in a sling."

Also, what is the effect, I've never heard or seen the illusion.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1162 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I don't know who or if any one person owns the rights to building the large apparatus.

I have an old book by Bill Herz (one of the best corporate magician and mentalists around). He put out a book in 1991 called "Secrets of the Astonishing Executive." He goes over this routine in his book and has an insert with the blank squares so that you can reproduce your own and put whatever you want on them. I know in his large corporate shows, he has a large version with lights that is flown over the stage.

In his book, he gives full credit to Max Maven for originating it. So, Bill gives permission to reproduce a version of it from his book, but you might do well by contacting either him or Max.

I make photocopies of the grid and plan with my corporate clients what they want to put on the chart. I have used it to great success over the last few years.

Michael
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Thanks guys, this will help a bunch. I will look for the book you mentioned Michael. You guys rock!

Keith

Wow,

I found that book for a whopping 63 cents on Amazon in "like new" condition! Thanks for the help.

Keith
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1162 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
It's a great book. You will definitely make your $.63 back.

Make sure you try out "The Forget-Me-Not Business Card Handout #5" on page 156.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

I, too, am buying this book from Amazon.
-Tyler
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hi again,

I got the book you spoke of. It has a nice version of the Final Destination idea I talked about, however, you have start at a certain point (the grey square). I would like to find the version where a person has free choice of any of the nine squares. Does anyone have this version? Is it in a book somewhere? Thanks,

Keith
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-08-18 16:11, paraguppie wrote:
Hi again,

I got the book you spoke of. It has a nice version of the Final Destination idea I talked about, however, you have start at a certain point (the grey square). I would like to find the version where a person has free choice of any of the nine squares. Does anyone have this version? Is it in a book somewhere? Thanks,

Keith

I just got mine in the mail a couple days ago. It got lost in the mail and they had to send out another one...Yes, that version is different, and would not be used the same way. I, too, would like to find the other version, with 9 squares...
-Tyler
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
There are many websites out there with interactive versions of this. A little math should set you on the right path from there. Aside from that, I don't know where (maybe an interactive "puzzle book") this effect can be found. But I am almost positive that the principle behind it is in the public domain, but don't quote me on that.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Check out Max Maven's site.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hey guys, thanks for the help. I will do some looking online. RSD, I checked Max Maven's site and his version is also a 16 square version without a "free" choice. You have to start on a flag that has yellow on it, so actualy no different from the book we are speaking of. Still fun to do, just not what I am looking for in a stage show.

Any other guesses? Somebody must know where to find this!

Keith
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Hmmm didn't DC do this on one of his specials - was it not a free choice?

"Touch your TV screen..."

Probally isn't a free choice, and similar to Maxs' since Max helps out DC a lot. I cant be sure though.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hi,

Yup, saw DC do something similiar on his last special. It was a round shaped version for "touch the tv screen", all in a big circle. Similiar idea, I am looking for one that is 9 squares though. For instance, http://www.magicauction.com/Mag_auc/illusion_pg3.htm

It's the second item down from the top. It's a free choice to start, and everyone ends up on the same square at the end. Anybody have ideas?

Keith
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
This should help (I hope): http://magic.trendy.org/interactivemagic.html click on "color theory."

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Has anyone looked in impuzzibilities by Jim Steinmeyer? that has a lot of these type of effects in it
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Cool! That's the closest I have seen without a forced begining (at least not too much of one) This may be the one I use Nfox, thanks for the tip.

I have never seen Impuzzibilities by Steinmeyer, does anyone have it to confirm (or deny) that it's in there? Thanks,

Keith
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Yes, I like that one too NFox. I wouls still like to know the other version, but this one is good.
Thanks,
Tyler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Final Destination (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL