The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl Does The Full Monte DVD vs. Sal Piacente's Three Carde Monte DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi guys.
Which DVD on the subject is better? I have Sal Piacente's Shell Game DVD and the teaching is good, but looking at Daryl, he's also a very good teacher, and now I don't know what to purchase between thw two.
Any advice?

Michael
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Daryl's all the way. For the price and amount of information, Daryl's is simply superior. With Daryl's you get so many different alterations to an already great effect, along with wonderful patter, the "instructions" for making his Ultimate Ambition, and overall it's just so much better.

If I remember correctly, Sal's DvD is less than 40 minutes long, while Daryl's is, if I remember correctly, over 2 hours.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
I have both and Sal is one of my favorite cardman but... Daryl's Full Monte is pretty much an encyclopedia on the Monte, you also get some routines which Daryl performs and explains. Plus, it's Daryl. How can you go wrong? mattisdx is right, Sal's DVD is around 40min. He teaches what you need to know to perform. Daryl teaches you way more.

I would personally rate these DVDs:
Daryl - 10/10
Sal's - 7/10
magicmafia22
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmafia22
Improptuboy,
You said that you have Sal Paciente's Three Shell Game DVD, Do you recommend it and does it teach many good and useful tricks with shells? And around how long is the length is the DVD?
THanks, Dan
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 02:11, magicmafia22 wrote:
Improptuboy,
You said that you have Sal Paciente's Three Shell Game DVD, Do you recommend it and does it teach many good and useful tricks with shells? And around how long is the length is the DVD?
THanks, Dan

Hi Dan!
Yes, I do recommend the DVD VERY MUCH! Sal is such a wonderful guy, and one of the best performers out there. He's a student of Steve Forte, meaning he's better than most magicians out there. The DVD does teach many useful tricks with the shells. It covers the basics, all the way up to the flash move, to the one handed shell game and other wonderful moves you learn. And you get a bonus. Sal teaches you how to perform the shell game with bottle caps, which is, the real way of how it's done on the street. The length of the DVD without the bonus material is about 40 minutes. It's not very long, but the info on the DVD is very good and detailed and in my opinion, you don't need anymore than that. Plus the advice that Sal gives you at the end, it's worth probably the price of the DVD. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this buy. I will buy anything that Sal releases. He even has a new poker cheating DVD coming out in August.
All the best,

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl Does The Full Monte DVD vs. Sal Piacente's Three Carde Monte DVDs (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL