The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Do you remember Halves to Meatball? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Does anyone (beside me) remember Halves to Meatball? It was a trick produced by Art Franklin, who I this is no longer with us.

It was (is) a grown up version of Nickels to Dimes in Half Dollar size with a payload of a red rubber ball (meatball).

Bob
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I recall some folks loaded the stack in the Eddie Gibson vanishing stack of half dollars (uses two brass caps and a black plastic cylinder) with a sponge ball to get something like that to happen.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
304 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Quote:
On 2005-07-15 00:06, Wellington wrote:
Does anyone (beside me) remember Halves to Meatball? It was a trick produced by Art Franklin, who I this is no longer with us.

It was (is) a grown up version of Nickels to Dimes in Half Dollar size with a payload of a red rubber ball (meatball).

Bob

As a matter of fact, my good friend, Buck Bressler, at Illusions in Willowick, Ohio, has this item in stock. Very nicely made, too.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
No, he does not have it, nor does anyone else.

Bob
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
304 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I don't mean to disagree with you. It has been several months since I've been to Buck's shop. However, I did recall seeing a version of this item there on my last visit.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
No, he does not have it, nor does anyone else.

And the man that made them has passed away.

Bob
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
304 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Ok, fine Bob. I know what I saw. What I saw was (evidently) a reissue of this trick. Undoubtedly made by someone else.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Best wishes,
Brian
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Yes we must agree to disagree, but so does your “good friend Buck Bressler at Illusions” as I spoke with him myself.

He is the one that told me that Art Franklin had passed away.

Bob
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
So I guess the actual question here is "Does anyone remember Halves to Meatball?" I certainly do not. Obviously this was a doosey of an effect. Maybe I will have the pleasure to witness this some day.

What kind of presentation was used with this? Maybe do Chad Long's spaghetti of death effect and then follow up with the production of the "meatball"?

C
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Spydur:
Halves to Meatball is a grown up version of Nickels to Dimes in the half dollar size.

It was much better than N/D because you could pick it up after the “loading” and hand it to a spectatot to open and find (instead of dimes) a small red ball.

Unlike the best N/D it can be very examined after the routine. It is the very best brass trick that I own.

Bob
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
304 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Quote:
On 2005-07-19 08:05, Wellington wrote:
Yes we must agree to disagree, but so does your “good friend Buck Bressler at Illusions” as I spoke with him myself.

He is the one that told me that Art Franklin had passed away.

Bob

Apparently I was mistaken. I am a big enough man to admit it. Bob, I suppose it's been longer than I thought, as to when I saw that trick in Buck's shop. I apologize for the misinformation. I stand corrected.
Respectfully,
Brian
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8689 Posts

Profile of harris
Hmm, I think I would use a real meatball.

On special occasions that is.

It is great fun to be nearly normal.

Harris Deutsch
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Brian:
No apology needed, I often think I right then I find that I am wrong.

Buck seemed like a very accommodating person on the phone. Your lucky you have a good shop to go to in this shop-dwindling world.

Harry:
You’re a devil.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Do you remember Halves to Meatball? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL