The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Michael Ammar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Owen
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of James Owen
Alright fellow magicians, how are you all doing? Fine I hope. Can anyone recommend any good videos by Michael Ammar? Please no card videos. I already know you can get his Easy to Master Card Miracles. It can be any magic as long as it's not CARDS, even close-up magic or coin magic will do.

Also, do any of you guys have any information on this guy? All I know is that he is very well respected in the magic world and he has won tons of trophies. Thanks for your time and help, it is very much appreciated.

Best Regards
Take care all of you Smile Smile Smile
Anthony
View Profile
New user
NYC
56 Posts

Profile of Anthony
I bought his Introduction to Coin Magic DVD and it really helped me out since I am beginning in coin magic. He teaches the basics really well, and it is far easier to search for sleights and routines with a DVD. Just my two cents.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-- Albert Einstein
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
He has a website at: http://www.michaelammar.com

It talks a bit about himself and also has his products. He has a video/DVD Complete Introduction to Magic. It has a little of everything on it: sponge magic, rubber bands, card, coins, close-up and some advice. It also shows him performing Cups and Balls...phenomenal.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Check out David Roth, he is a master at coins or try out Gary Kurtz Let's Get Flurious". Smile
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I recently purchased his cups and balls DVDs, volumes 1 and 2. I also acquired the Mercury Wand through his website. I can only say that Mr. Ammar is an outstanding magician and teacher. After viewing this material you feel like you know him personally. Let me highly recommend these DVDs. You will learn to perform the trick that is probably most synonymous with this enchanting art.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
I want to emphasize that not only is Ammar an outstanding magician, he's an outstanding teacher. He's one of a sadly very few people who take the time to figure out how the material should be taught ahead of time. I can't tell you how many videos I've seen where the magician says, "Now I'm going to show you the move. Except I don't think the camera can get the right angle... and I can't do it if I slow it down..." You don't get that with Ammar. I don't think there's anyone out there better at teaching magic.
Smile
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Right answer is probably "any other Ammar DVD". Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Ammar really is one of the best magic teachers out there.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you are doing show for business try purchase his two audio tapes Making Magic Memorable and Negotiating Higher Performance Fees. If you have a topit, he has a topit video tape. If you use invisible thread, he has a three-volume set titled Easy To Master Thread Miracles. They are all good. You can purchase them at http://www.LLPUB.com
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Introduction to Coin Magic is very good.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Although I don't really like his performing style, I agree that he is a great teacher. He explains things very well, and his videos and DVDs are awesome. He is also a very nice person.
joculari
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of joculari
I went to one of his lectures over the summer and having been rather new to magic, he made it all the more easier to get into it.
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
Ammar has a great video for those that are new to magic called The Exciting World of Magic. I think I got it from Amazon and has about 20 tricks covering all areas of magic. I think this may be the first video I got and I still go back to it quite often.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Easy To Master Coin Miracles may fit the bill. And if you have interest in the Cups and Balls, his set on that is a treasure. Ammar is a great performer and teacher. His performance style may not appeal specifically to magicians, but his teaching is surely for us all.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
You could try also "Icebreakers". It´s a great Ammar´s video about impromptu magic.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Michael Ammar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL